Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bf wants me to buy special food for his dd

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 588 Replies
Bfs dd stays here every other week just about. Her mom lives about 5 minutes away so she just stays at whichever house she feels like that week.

Anyway, we have the bills set up this way: I pay food and cable while bf pays for all the other bills.

SD(I know she's not technically but it's shorter to type) is very picky when it comes to food.

-she doesn't like green veggies except green beans and asparagus but it has to be cooked a certain way

-she doesn't like an cheeses that have a "cottage cheese feel"

-she doesn't like lasagna

-she doesn't like meat loaf

-ranch Doritos, oatmeal cream pies, and white cheddar popcorn are her absolute favorite snacks but only the name brand ones.

-she doesn't like pork chops

-she doesn't like rice unless its plain white sticky rice

-she only likes lunch meat if its a certain brand(can't remember the name, it has a red Tupperware top).

-she likes to eat little microwaveable anytizer type things after school or for late night snacks on weekends but they have to ONLY be boneless BBQ wings or corn dug nuggets. She won't eat any other ones

There are other things but that's just off the top of my head.

She gets super pissed when there is "nothing" for her to eat in the house. She tells bf that she's starving and she has to leave because we don't ever buy decent food that she likes. Then it makes him look bad because she goes to her moms and gets food there because we "have none".

Bf has decided to do something about it...he had her write a list and he gave it to me and told me to just buy whatever is on the list for her.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? Everyone else is just fine with the food in the house except SD and instead of telling her to just suck it up I have to go out of my way(and budget) to accommodate her.

She's 16 btw.
List of food is on page 11, it wouldn't upload the first time.

Seriously, some of you are bunch of idiots! Yes I buy her some of the special things she likes but the problem lies because she doesn't accept "some". She expects all of her favorite goodies to be there 24/7 and that just doesn't happen. My DS loves birthday cake ice cream. It's probably his favorite sweet. Sometimes I pick up a carton and sometimes I dont. I don't mind picking up things like peaches or her special popcorn sometimes but I think it's ridiculous to expect me to spend extra money on her EVERY single time for EVERY single thing she wants. Even when we have some of the stuff she will complain because we don't have the rest of what she wants. THAT is why I have a problem.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
8 moms liked this

Do you have any of your own children?

Personally I see nothing wrong with asking you to accomodate the needs of his child, within reason.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
25 moms liked this
She's spoiled
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd say either he can buy it, or her mom can buy it and send it with her. I don't go out of my way to buy certain things for SOs boys, but he does on the off chance he does the shopping that week instead of me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
6 moms liked this

If he wants to "do something about it," then he can go spend his money on it.  You should tell him that.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
8 moms liked this

He pays the bills, it's at his request, it's his child, get what's on the list!

Apgsteenmommy
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM

ughhhhh how annoyingggg

SWasson
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
11 moms liked this

I think it would be reasonable to buy a few things that the rest of you are willing to eat if she doesn't, but I suspect she's playing mind games with her father.

Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
24 moms liked this

Ummmm- at 16 she can suck it up.  Heck, at any age she can suck it up, as my momma used to say "I don't run a diner, you eat what I make or you go hungry".  She wants junk, she pays for it.

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
9 moms liked this

hell no.. if she wants that then she needs to get a job to buy it herself.  if not then she needs to eat whats at the house.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM
11 moms liked this
No,I don't do that for my own children. They can either eat what is available or they can go without. A child will not dictate what I spend my money on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)