Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have 1 child with adhd and 1 child with ODD and ADHD ask me anything edit in red

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

I am bored.

My 13 year old dd has adhd and i think maybe depression  and my ds 10 has ADHD and ODD.

ask me anything?

edit

for those of you who say that we used these disorder as an excuse to not deal with our kids and that they are not real. Let me explain something. Do you think the issues stop with medication or with the diagnosis? It doesn't we still deal with it. We have more appointments than the normal child, we have meetings with the schools, meetings with IEP, ESE, teachers, principal ect... and to add to that we have the worry about how our children will be when they became adults. At the age 18 they have control, they choose to medicate and to keep up with treatment, if they choose to stop treatment we can't do anything about it.  I worry about my ds, when he 18, his meds are not cheap, close to $1000 a month in meds alone that isn't including doctor appointments.  Can he continue and will he continue. Will he be able to hold a job, will he end up in jail, will he be able to control himself. My dd who only has adhd at the moment. She hates meds, and she has already told me when she is 18 she will be stopping meds. I wonder will she make it through college, have a family, hold job unmediated. How will these disorder affect them as they get older.  Will they learn to control the disorder and not let the disorders control them  and not let them define who they are . Having children with these type of disorder isn't easy and it doesn't make it easier on us and it doesn't make it where we can be lazy; if anything it make our lives and the lives of our family and children  more difficult.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM

nothing i hate them, eww

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

goddess99
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

What is odd?

Ashley_Carlson
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I have ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, and chronic depression. No questions here.

Lottie925
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM
What is the odd like? Is he violent at all?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Oppositional defiant disorder

Quoting goddess99:

What is odd?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Lottie925:

What is the odd like? Is he violent at all?

yes. He is the sweetest kid you could ever meet but when he get angry all bets are off.  ODD Is a battle all the time. He has an IEP at school.  When a child has ODD they struggle daily, trying to keep control. Is is hell to deal with for both the child and the parent.

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

What is oppositional defiance disorder?

lisabiron3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Are you on any hugspsych meds??? Kidding!!! bit I would beQQ

Quoting Anonymous:

I am bored.

My 13 year old dd has adhd and i think maybe depression  and my ds 10 has ADHD and ODD.

ask me anything?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM

It is kinda hard to explain. It is a behavior disorder. My ds is aggressive, argumentative especially with adult and authority figures, purposely tries to annoy people, very defiant. He has really bad melt down, sometimes he can come back easily sometime he can't.

He is a sweet kid but when he get mad, all bets are off.

Quoting tardistraveller:

What is oppositional defiance disorder?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)