Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were cuddling with your kid late at night and you saw lice...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you were utterly exhausted and about to slip into a deep sleep...your kid was already out...and then you saw a louse run through your kid's hair...

Would you pretend you didn't see it and go to sleep, promising yourself you'd take care of it first thing in the morning? Or would you drag your exhausted ass out of bed, get your kids up, run to the store, and work through the night cleansing their hair and sheets and everything else?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I would take care of it....or i would be up all night itching....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM

If you keep vinegar on hand at all times, all you would have to do is soak their hair and scalp in it, and then wrap it a warm towel.  Strip the sheets to put in the washer to wash over night and put fresh sheets on, or even just drap the clean sheet over the mattress and pillows.  Lice can't survive very long without blood supply. 

Then in the morning, you put the sheets in the dryer on high heat.  Then blow dry the hair and scalp as hot as they can stand, brushing out each strand.  Very easy.  Do this three or four days.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM

There is no way I would be able to sleep LOL We would be getting up and to the walgreens.

Photo: -Randi.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:10 AM
This

Quoting amanda_n_e:

I would drag my ass out of bed and deal with it. I would freak out!
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Instant energy!! I couldn't sleep knowing my kid had bugs crawling on their head, I'd probably just do the mayo treatments and start bagging everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM
I have been there and I waited. I have 3 boys, so I just shaved their heads thd next day, had my own hair cut and picked through, washed everything, and problem solved.
supergasper
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I would wait until morning.  Lice are gross, but not an emergency.

j3st3r
by Jedi on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Having just battled lice over the summer, I'd gently wake her up and wash her hair with the RID. Strip and remake the bed then go to sleep, leaving the rest for the morning.
drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Id let me and them sleep.  Lice would prob be all over the house anyway.

notadoormat
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Did anyone else just automatically start scratching at the thought?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)