Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were cuddling with your kid late at night and you saw lice...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you were utterly exhausted and about to slip into a deep sleep...your kid was already out...and then you saw a louse run through your kid's hair...

Would you pretend you didn't see it and go to sleep, promising yourself you'd take care of it first thing in the morning? Or would you drag your exhausted ass out of bed, get your kids up, run to the store, and work through the night cleansing their hair and sheets and everything else?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Nope, and on top of being tired. I was recovering from abdominal surgery and I had 3 kids that had to be treated. I started pulling off bedding while my dh went and got 3 boxes of the treatment and when he got home I started washing hair and picking nits. My middle son had it the worst so i saved him for last and he fell asleep crying with his head in my lap as I was still combing nits out of his hair! It was awful!

allycally
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I would clean and delouse everything... probably shampoo the carpets too... and then sleep
AugustMomma
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

the latter. I do not need lice in my home. But first I'd get the heebie geebies then set to action..

goodygumdrops
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Next day.  They are already infected with the lice, so it's not like waiting for everyone to be better rested and able to cope with it would harm anything.  And I'd be less likely to make mistakes during the cleaning process if I was rested.

Now, if they were awake and itching and upset, I'd do it that night.  But if they are asleep and I'm nearly asleep, it'd be better to wait.  I don't think my DS would handle being soaped up, combed, having his bedding all changed, etc very well late at night.  I think that'd be more traumatizing than the lice in the end.

BlessedMammaof2
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd drag my butt out of bed and deal with it. If I didn't I'd be up itching all night just thinking about it.
gemikris82
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM

id probably shove my kid off of me and freak out and shower then go to the store. my skin is crawlig now

conweis
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM

True Story
YEARS ago my ss got lice from school uggh! I did not know yet. Well my SO said he was laying next to me and saw three lice march from my pillow to his pillow. He said he killed them immediately but didn't tell me about it until the next morning.
When I asked him why did he not wake me up he said because I was pregnant and needed my rest. That one night wouldn't make that big of a difference. Needless to say almost everyone was shaved and we had a ton of laundry to do.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Honestly that would snap me awake. There would be no avoiding my bed to take care of it instantly.
spooky415
i would start screaming and call my husband. and then i would vomit. the thought of bugs makes me sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99

Quoting Anonymous:

I would scream, and then take care of my kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)