Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what happened to my arm after I got my birth control. pic.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Its the NEXPLANON. Its a implant in the arm. Last for 3yrs. Doesnt hurt when they do it but now my arm is sore.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
michelles89
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Mine bruise after it went in even got swollen I didn't have much pain it wasn't that bruised that was like 9 months ago. Now I have a tiny red dot where it was inserted and the good news is it works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crumpy_gat
by No. on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Eek
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM
don'tgetthe meraina . I am havingtoget it surgically removed Monday. My Dr said could be why cancer showed up on my uterus. plus I am suing the maker of meraina. plus poked a hole in my bladder

Quoting skittlebeans88:

I considered this one but think I'm going to go with the mirena.

Did it hurt when you got it done?

pwaldschmidt
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I had implanon and my bruise was 3x that bad. That birth control truly works. I had it taken out a little after the 3 year mark and it came out fine, and didn't hurt. I didn't have a period the entire time I was on it.
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Did you get an ultrasound right after it was put in? :/

Quoting graybealgirl:

don'tgetthe meraina . I am havingtoget it surgically removed Monday. My Dr said could be why cancer showed up on my uterus. plus I am suing the maker of meraina. plus poked a hole in my bladder

Quoting skittlebeans88:

I considered this one but think I'm going to go with the mirena.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Not everyone has time for that. there is nothing wrong with BC

Quoting ncbirdie:

The only SURE is abstinance.  I would be willing to bet that just like any other hormonal birth control, it will become less effective with antibiotics.  Even with perfect use, evereything has a failure rate.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

I did NFP for a good long while. Never had a problem. But after I have this baby in 9 weeks, I wanna be SURE! I don't want three under three lol.

Quoting ncbirdie:

Fertility Awareness Method.  No hormones.  Can be used for TTA or TTC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
This. I spotted for 3 freakin months with implanon

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

I have the implanon(same thing. Different name). It's normal to bruise. Just warning: your periods will be wacky and you will feel pregnant more than you won't. Well in my case anyway. I've had it a year and I'm just now feeling normal

ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I'm not even sure how to respond to that.  Nothing wrong with BC?

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Not everyone has time for that. there is nothing wrong with BC

Quoting ncbirdie:

The only SURE is abstinance.  I would be willing to bet that just like any other hormonal birth control, it will become less effective with antibiotics.  Even with perfect use, evereything has a failure rate.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

I did NFP for a good long while. Never had a problem. But after I have this baby in 9 weeks, I wanna be SURE! I don't want three under three lol.

Quoting ncbirdie:

Fertility Awareness Method.  No hormones.  Can be used for TTA or TTC.

aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't. & I LOVE my Mierna. 5 Years is up in Oct. No periods either!! You will hear horror stories about every birth control. Everyone is different. :)

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Did you get an ultrasound right after it was put in? :/

Quoting graybealgirl:don'tgetthe meraina . I am havingtoget it surgically removed Monday. My Dr said could be why cancer showed up on my uterus. plus I am suing the maker of meraina. plus poked a hole in my bladder

Quoting skittlebeans88: I considered this one but think I'm going to go with the mirena.

katzmeow726
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I had the implanon version...and within a couple of months developed kidney stones.  From what I have researched, the BC was totally to blame. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured