Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is what happened to my arm after I got my birth control. pic.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Its the NEXPLANON. Its a implant in the arm. Last for 3yrs. Doesnt hurt when they do it but now my arm is sore.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone is different. Just because you had issues doesn't mean she will. I've had two with no issues.

Beans just do your research and know the side effects of everything

Quoting graybealgirl:

don'tgetthe meraina . I am havingtoget it surgically removed Monday. My Dr said could be why cancer showed up on my uterus. plus I am suing the maker of meraina. plus poked a hole in my bladder

Quoting skittlebeans88:

I considered this one but think I'm going to go with the mirena.

Did it hurt when you got it done?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
yes I have had it in2 yrs. they tried to do a colposcopy and never found the strings. they did ultrasound and cat scan. the cat scan showed ut poking my bladder. ultrasound showed nothing

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Did you get an ultrasound right after it was put in? :/

Quoting graybealgirl:

don'tgetthe meraina . I am havingtoget it surgically removed Monday. My Dr said could be why cancer showed up on my uterus. plus I am suing the maker of meraina. plus poked a hole in my bladder

Quoting skittlebeans88:

AMS918912
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

That sucks, I get the Depoprovera shot.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Well yeah... theyre sticking something under your skin. Its normal to bruise. My friend has had her for years upon years and loves it.
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Tho i agree NFP is the a great option some people just prefer BC and there is nothing wrong with taking BC and there is nothing wrong with doing it the natural way! 

Quoting ncbirdie:

I'm not even sure how to respond to that.  Nothing wrong with BC?

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Not everyone has time for that. there is nothing wrong with BC

Quoting ncbirdie:

The only SURE is abstinance.  I would be willing to bet that just like any other hormonal birth control, it will become less effective with antibiotics.  Even with perfect use, evereything has a failure rate.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

I did NFP for a good long while. Never had a problem. But after I have this baby in 9 weeks, I wanna be SURE! I don't want three under three lol.

Quoting ncbirdie:

Fertility Awareness Method.  No hormones.  Can be used for TTA or TTC.

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Do you like it? Any side effects? 

Quoting AMS918912:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Mirena is terrible it causes all kinds of issues and it is a horrible choice. I used it and because of issues with it can now not have anymore children. It can poke through your uterus. It can come out it can hurt your partner they can feel it. It is so not worth it. The Dr I now see told me she never recommends it to her patients and believes the risk of mirena far outweigh any benefits. So please reconsider

Quoting graybealgirl:

Quoting skittlebeans88:

justme00
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Ouch
AMS918912
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Yes, I love it. It's kept me from having another surprise for the past year, so it's okay with me! Lol. I love that I only have to go in every 3 months to get a shot, so I don't have to remember to take pills or anything like that. The only side effect that I get (I don't know if other people do) is that I start bleeding around the time that I have to get my next shot (otherwise I never get my period).

Quoting sfigu16:

Do you like it? Any side effects? 

Quoting AMS918912:

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM
very good advice

Quoting Anonymous:

Mirena is terrible it causes all kinds of issues and it is a horrible choice. I used it and because of issues with it can now not have anymore children. It can poke through your uterus. It can come out it can hurt your partner they can feel it. It is so not worth it. The Dr I now see told me she never recommends it to her patients and believes the risk of mirena far outweigh any benefits. So please reconsider

Quoting graybealgirl:

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)