Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I miss being anorexic....

I used to weigh 115 lbs and im 5'4.... Now I had 3 kids and I weigh.... 155 :'(

Im trying to loose it the normal way but it's hard....the only reason I'm not anerexic is because I have to make meals for my kids...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
What was your caloric intake when you were 115?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
It's not easy when ones body changes but you aren't determined by what you look like although we live in a very materialistic world
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

i dont know .. i was young 14-17

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I see. I was mainly trying to see if you meant you truly were anorexic at one point or if you meant it tongue in cheek in regards to being much thinner.

How about making some steamed veggies or a nice salad for yourself instead of eating what you make for the kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dgray
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Statistically, 115 at 5'4 isn't 'anorexic'...but that's because the DSM-IV sucks.

Were you restrictive? Did you have food behaviors? What is it that you miss other than being thin? If it is the control, I would suggest taking up a hobby that can help you distract yourself from your food issues. 

Realise that if you continue down that path, you are harming your body and your future with your children. I really hope you can get the help you need.

At 155, you can still choose to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and lose weight naturally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im trying to loose it the normal way but it's hard....the only reason I'm not anerexic is because I have to make meals for my kids...

dgray
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Do you remember what you ate, at least? Most anoretic patients I've known could tell me their caloric intake in a heartbeat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM

115 you mean? I was restrictive i just didn't eat. i only ate in front of my parents for dinner and lunch at school. but summer time i spent alot of time with friends and didnt eat maybe a meal a day if that... I hate to feel full I hate eating because I know what food can do... i miss being thin even though at 115 i thought i was fat... 

I won't go down that path...

Quoting dgray:

Statistically, 155 at 5'4 isn't 'anorexic'...but that's because the DSM-IV sucks.

Were you restrictive? Did you have food behaviors? What is it that you miss other than being thin? If it is the control, I would suggest taking up a hobby that can help you distract yourself from your food issues. 

Realise that if you continue down that path, you are harming your body and your future with your children. I really hope you can get the help you need.

At 155, you can still choose to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and lose weight naturally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I didn't count it i didnt say oh im only taking in so many calories i just said to myself i need to loose weight cuz i weigh over 125 lbs and i look like a tub of lard and i want to weigh at least 115?... i just didnt eat and found that the weight came off quick so i continued to do it

Quoting dgray:

Do you remember what you ate, at least? Most anoretic patients I've known could tell me their caloric intake in a heartbeat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

dgray
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Yes, I meant 115. I'll edit that so there isn't any more confusion. 

I understand what you're saying. A lot of teens (your age at the time) have anxiety about eating in front of others. The full feeling is uncomfortable for many people, but it will pass. Let your body do its job. Also, the more you restrict, the more fluid your body will retain. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Have you considered seeing a psychologist or counselor who deals with eating disorders? (Always check if they have experience that field, specifically.)

Quoting Anonymous:

115 you mean? I was restrictive i just didn't eat. i only ate in front of my parents for dinner and lunch at school. but summer time i spent alot of time with friends and didnt eat maybe a meal a day if that... I hate to feel full I hate eating because I know what food can do... i miss being thin even though at 115 i thought i was fat... 

I won't go down that path...

Quoting dgray:

Statistically, 155 at 5'4 isn't 'anorexic'...but that's because the DSM-IV sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

dgray
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Gotcha. No shade here. Just trying to offer whatever advice I can. If you want, you can always pm me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't count it i didnt say oh im only taking in so many calories i just said to myself i need to loose weight cuz i weigh over 125 lbs and i look like a tub of lard and i want to weigh at least 115?... i just didnt eat and found that the weight came off quick so i continued to do it

Quoting dgray:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)