Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many times has your child...

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 63 Replies

Been on antibiotics?  And how old are they?

My dd will be 6 this winter and has only been on an antibiotic once- for an ear infection. Unless you count eye drops- the kid has had pink eye 3 times!!  She gets eye infections like most kids get colds!

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Out of the the three daughters just one round with antibiotics for strep throat last year. Think it's been a good run.

Akunkle1
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Once. I had taken him to th ER because his fever was so high and you could feel heat thru his pajamas. He had a virus at 10 months. He's 17 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Maybe 5 times. For ear infections and one sinus infection or something I think. She had one ear infection and then when she was 4 we were living somewhere else and she got about 3 in less than 1 year. I think it was because of mold or something. 

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

None...she will be 5 at the end of this year. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Well I have two sons they're 21 & 17 years ild they've been on them but a count, I couldn't say
LadyVoldemort
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Never
Age 2
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM

She's one & never yet.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM
DS 3 has been on a couple times. Once for a super Nasty stomach bug that wouldn't go away, an ear infection and pneumonia. (At the end of the pneumonia to make sure he didn't catch anything else, had the start of a sinus infection ) and once for a rash.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Dd is 5, maybe 3 times? Ds will be 3 soon, uhm 5 or 6 anti-biotics, but he's been on tons of prescribed medicine since 2 months old. 

IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Mine are six and honestly, I have no clue...since June, all three have had strep throat, one had mono, and one is just getting over pneumonia. My girls have horrible immune systems.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)