Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Babies not buckled in carseats

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
It seems like every day I see more and more children not buckled or buckled but not properly in the car seats. It boils my blood!! I did my research about car seats while pregnant and talked to friends about them to learn more to make sure my child was in correctly. I had a girl friend that was only buckling the chest snap!!! When I asked her about it she said he was too big and the bottom buckle wouldn't snap anymore.... I had to show her how to adjust his straps so they would fit!!! These poor innocent kids know no better and they may lose their life because parents are not taking the time to buckle them properly.

Would you say something to someone if they don't buckle their kids correctly?
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Yea. Id say giiirrrlll let me help you with that right after making this face : l
lainey531
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM
My sister only clips it at the chest for my 3 year old niece. The other night I went to drive her home and she didn't even bother to buckle in the seat to the car. I thought it was an oversight but when I said something to her, she said " oh she'll be fine". I got out of my seat and buckled her in properly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Family and friends? Yep.

Complete strangers? Probably not.
Haydenmarie
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM
It makes me sad and angry at the same time! I bite my tongue a lot but lately I can't help my self. I have friends on fb that post pics of their kids in the car seats not buckled driving down the road!
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Just mention it nicely.

I forgot to buckle my youngest once. We got out of a parking lot and I noticed while we were in the turning lane.

I felt sooooo bad! I pulled over right away after we turned into another parking lot.
Haydenmarie
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Mistakes happen. We all make them. I've had it happen before. I thought my so buckled my daughter and he thought I did. We got down the road and I looked back and noticed instantly! We pulled over and buckled her. I always make sure now.

Quoting HumanBeing:

Just mention it nicely.

I forgot to buckle my youngest once. We got out of a parking lot and I noticed while we were in the turning lane.

I felt sooooo bad! I pulled over right away after we turned into another parking lot.

AMRios
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I saw a baby riding in the front seat in the lap of the mother ( i am assuming it was the mom)... I wanted to go off!!! This is the thing I hate most in this world!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)