Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son got a DUI. added update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 541 Replies
4 moms liked this
My DS is almost 18 but this year has been horrible, he's gotten in trouble for fighting at school, hit his girlfriend, got her pregnant, been caught with weed at school and now he got a dui :/ idk what to do with him anymore he's going to be a dad in.a few months and claims he will have nothing to do with the baby his dad and I have bought clothes, a.crib, and diapers for his baby since we know he won't but she also broke up with him because he hit her many times. I feel like I have been a horrible parent because my son is so out of control and I don't have any idea of what to do with him. :(

Eta since I'm tired of.answering it.

He has had a job since he was 16, he can no longer drive since his dui, even if he could we are selling hos car and giving the money to his ex. He has only a matress in his room with some clothes for school. He does have a phone but it only is a pay as you go phone. No data, just talk and text and its only because his boss calls him a lot for work. His ex chose not to press charges even though o suggested she do so and even gave her info on how. I do not bail him out of juvy ever! He gets out on his own. He only does weed and prescription pills that I'm AWARE of.

UPDATE
we are offically putting him into a rehab program he turns 18 in November I only pray he chooses.to stay once he turns 18 we looked into it and they will let him do school online and even have tutors its alive in facility I pray this helps if not he will be 18 and on hos own. I didn't think thispost would take off thank you for all your.encouragement I never would of been brave enough to actually do This
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM
43 moms liked this
Kick his ass out
LadyVoldemort
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ashellbell:

Kick his ass out

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM
5 moms liked this

wow...............what a Loser

Rayven729
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM
28 moms liked this

uhm, you cut him the hell off...kick him out to fend for himself. he wants to make grown up decisions...he can be treated as such.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM
18 moms liked this
Leave his ass in jail? Cut him off? Tell him if he wants to act like a fuck up adult he will be treated as such?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM
10 moms liked this
If that was my son I'd slap the shit outta him and tell him to man the fuck up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Kick him out. Make him grow up, kid won't learn til you show him the hard way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Rayven729:

uhm, you cut him the hell off...kick him out to fend for himself. he wants to make grown up decisions...he can be treated as such.

im scared if I kick him out he will get more into drugs then he already os considering his only friends who dont live at home are druggies
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM
8 moms liked this

he is stillyour son you must continue to provide and love unconditionally and cater to his needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting RMB2011:

Leave his ass in jail? Cut him off? Tell him if he wants to act like a fuck up adult he will be treated as such?

he didn't stay in jail more then a night for the dui I didn't bail him out I thought he got what he had coming to him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN