Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay I need some help

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM
  • 12 Replies
Since I have been home from Afghanistan my life went down hill. I have been in a deep depression. I had high hopes of achieving so many things. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with the father of my youngest. He was working and ended up fired because he was late. Him and his family blame me for everything. He sits around playing video games all day and night. I collect unemployment. I want to get the fuck out of here. We don't even have a car. His parents arr giving him a van and he just sits on taking care of the insurance so we can be mobile again.

Oh yes I am planning on leaving. I want to go to school for cosmetology. I don't know how to access funding for it. I plan on opening a salon and give soldiers free cuts. There is also other volenteer work I want to do. Do maybe door to door make overs once a month. Because sometimes ppl need that. I hate it here.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Oh and I will be seeking counseling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Cosmetology school offers financial aid just like any other trade school.
Search for what school you want to attend and they will tell you for to apply: )
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Call the school and go in and talk to financial aid.

They usually have a veterans department that handles it. You just do fafsa (they will help you)

You will get E5 BAH while you attend too. Take that money to leave.

It's honestly really easy with the VA. the school does it almost entirely for you.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM
I am not in anymore.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

They usually have a veterans department that handles it. You just do fafsa (they will help you)

It's honestly really easy with the VA. the school does it almost entirely for you.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Honey I know. Depending on how long you were in and a few other factors, you will get bah and either post 9/11 or Montgomery gi bill.

(I vote 9/11)
My mr. Was in a few years. He gets 100% funding for 4 years, and bah at 100% at e5 level. He was never an e5.

My friend was in 18 months and a few days, and gets 70% tuition funding and 70% of e5 BAH.

the bah is based on the zipcode your school is in.

Quoting imandia4:

I am not in anymore.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Oh. I thought you still had to be in to do it. I am National Guard.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Honey I know. Depending on how long you were in and a few other factors, you will get bah and either post 9/11 or Montgomery gi bill.

(I vote 9/11)

My mr. Was in a few years. He gets 100% funding for 4 years, and bah at 100% at e5 level. He was never an e5.

My friend was in 18 months and a few days, and gets 70% tuition funding and 70% of e5 BAH.

Quoting imandia4:

I am not in anymore.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:39 AM

I only know about the Army and Marine Corps personally..

but I did a quick google, you may have funding available. BAH rules may be different based on service.

Best  you can do is call the VA Dept of Education and see if you can find out.

National Guard Page on GI Bill

GI Bill Government Page

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

(I vote 9/11)

Quoting imandia4:

I am not in anymore.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Hun....first of all..Thank you for your service!! <3

Two...please check this site out, you can do it from home. Hugs!! Anything you set your mind to, you can do. Im sure youll have that salon. <3

www.alpineaccessjobs.com

imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I only know about the Army and Marine Corps personally..

but I did a quick google, you may have funding available. BAH rules may be different based on service.

Best  you can do is call the VA Dept of Education and see if you can find out.

National Guard Page on GI Bill

GI Bill Government Page

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

(I vote 9/11)

Quoting imandia4:

I am not in anymore.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Thanks.

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

Hun....first of all..Thank you for your service!! <3

Two...please check this site out, you can do it from home. Hugs!! Anything you set your mind to, you can do. Im sure youll have that salon. <3

www.alpineaccessjobs.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)