Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are my children's stepmom...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:35 AM
  • 94 Replies
14 moms liked this
You better not have the nerve to refer to me as birth mom or BM, signifying that I am one aspect of mom and you are another, thus needing the distinction. I am their mom. If you need a classification, feel free to use RM - real mom - in regards to me.

*My children's stepmom is a kind and respectful woman, with whom I would probably never have to have this conversation with. It's my CM pet peeve. And I really don't care about the justification of custodial stepmoms- you're doing a great job, but mom is mom and you are a stepmom unless you have legally adopted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:21 AM
20 moms liked this

you kind of defeat your own purpose by referring to her as stepmom, signifying that she is one aspect of mom and you are another, thus needing the distinction. your words.

you sound insecure.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:23 AM
8 moms liked this

Honestly, I think the whole "birth mom or BM" thing is mostly on CM to clarify when posting. As a stepmom, I've never referred to SD's mom as her birth mom except for on here.

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:25 AM
12 moms liked this
Please don't refer to me as SM. I need you to call me free babysitter who takes care of my kid and loves it but has no rights and ill forever remind her that she's not MOM, simply a poor substitute. You can shorten it to notmom for typing purposes.... Lol I mean come ON.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I refer to MY sons' mom as BM on here, but other wise usually "Egg Donor". Would you prefer that? People like you drive me crazy. And if you asked MY boys who their "real" mom was they would say me.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM

I agree.  There is Mother and Step-Mother.....that's it!

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:51 AM
3 moms liked this
I haave always read BM as bio-mom. In my mindd it means real mom. Birth Mom (IMO) means you gave birth but aren't necessarily raising the child(ren). I would refer to my DS's bio-dad as BD though. Calling him Birth Dad doesn't seem right since he didn't actually give birth. Although I could call him sperm donor since that is all he did.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Honestly, I think the whole "birth mom or BM" thing is mostly on CM to clarify when posting. As a stepmom, I've never referred to SD's mom as her birth mom except for on here.

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I've never met anyone who uses that in real life it's just an Internet abbreviation lol. IMO BM and RM are the same thing. I use the abbreviations on cm for the sake of typing but in real life I refer to my sk's BM as "their mom" or by her first name.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

my ss calls me mom... I call his mom "that mistake my husband made" She calls me bitch...on her Facebook because she isnt allowed contact...you sound very insecure

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM
7 moms liked this

I wouldn't want to be called BM either if I were you, but only because I read it as Bowel Movement.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:06 AM
You sound very insecure. Most people only use bm or bd on the internet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)