Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got bit!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 17 Replies

By a brown recluse spider (I think) on my leg.  I thought it was a normal bug bite, until it turned deep red with a dark spot in the middle, which apparently is dead skin.   I really don't want to go to the doctor over this, but I'll have to if it gets any bigger.  Yuk.  

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM
umm, you should go anyway.
zombieskayer
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

For a brown Recluse you need to go. They can cause pretty signifficant tissue damage. my dad got bit by one and now has a hole in his leg. He has had many surgeries on it and skin grafs but it never heals. He's had it for like 10-11 years now.

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I know, but everything that I read says that there is minimal they can do unless it gets worse.  I just don't want to get a big bill for a doctor to tell me to put ice on it.  I'll probably go on Monday if it grows at all.  

Quoting Anonymous:

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Go. The same thing happened to me I went to sleep thinking it was another mosquito bite and woke up to a swollen disgusting spider bite. I had to get a shot in the ER.
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Yikes!  I've been looking at pictures online, and of course they show the  most advanced disgusting bites.  

Quoting zombieskayer:

For a brown Recluse you need to go. They can cause pretty signifficant tissue damage. my dad got bit by one and now has a hole in his leg. He has had many surgeries on it and skin grafs but it never heals. He's had it for like 10-11 years now.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Gross. You should go in.
Syphon
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Go.

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
You need to go to the Dr. A brown recluse bite was the reason one of my patients ended up on dialysis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I would guess the risk of infection and what not would push me to go, personally.

my mom was bitten by a black widow on her back and has many dr appointments, skin grafts, etc to "fix" it. she didn't know at the time, but 3 days later she was completely down.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I know, but everything that I read says that there is minimal they can do unless it gets worse.  I just don't want to get a big bill for a doctor to tell me to put ice on it.  I'll probably go on Monday if it grows at all.  

Quoting Anonymous:

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Try putting Cortizone cream on it and see if it helps if not then got to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)