Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Call CPS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this
My younger sister is working at a convenience store while going to college. One of her coworkers has an 18 month old DD. She's on PA, which she uses to buy pretty much only energy drinks and candy (yes, you can buy some energy drinks in my state). That's not really the issue, though.

She and her boyfriend drive around with their DD in the car while they smoke weed and cigarettes. It's not a random occurrence, it's every day. She's also pregnant while doing this. My sister says all they do is party and pretty much ignore their child.

Should she call CPS or mind her own business?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Call if that is true. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I might but I doubt it would get any attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
It's true. Not a troll.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Call if that is true. 

Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

CPS is mandated to follow up on every report.  They cannot ignore a report.

Quoting Anonymous:

I might but I doubt it would get any attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Quoting Anonymous:I might but I doubt it would get any attention.

How many people here say they made reports or people have reported on them and nothing happens?

If she does call I do hope they look into it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

If she has witnessed the person smoking weed directly in front of the child and she is pregnant then yes she should call, provided she is not in a state where medical marijuana is prescribed now. Just be advised that depending on the investigator they may not really care. I have called numerous times on my ex, but they refuse to pop him with a test. DD is 6 and tells me that he smokes cigarettes and "something that smells really funny and in this glass thingy". CPS refused to do anything stating everything was unfounded. It wouldn't have been if they had done a urine test!

Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

They wouldnt know if anything happened.  CPS is not going to report  back into them with their findings.

They may FIND NOTHING, that is a different story, but they will look into it.

Its going to be hard to prove what someone does in a car, though.

And really, I don't give a flying fuck what bitches on here say.  80% of them have kids because their birth control "failed" so I am not sure their "truth" is worth much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Quoting Anonymous:I might but I doubt it would get any attention.

How many people here say they made reports or people have reported on them and nothing happens?

If she does call I do hope they look into it

Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM
No. I would need more evidence of physical or emotional abuse. Pot is legal in my state and only in a handful of states is it a felony. More sadly than smoking pot around the child the harmful cigarettes cannot get a child removed from their care. You would need more evidence otherwise the cps worker will just close the case.oh and just because she only used she snap card to buy energy drinks and candy does not mean cps should take her baby. Just tell your sister to tell her all that crap in energy drinks are not good for her fetus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My sister is her boss, so she doesn't think it's appropriate to give her unsolicited pregnancy advice.

Quoting Qmama206:

No. I would need more evidence of physical or emotional abuse. Pot is legal in my state and only in a handful of states is it a felony. More sadly than smoking pot around the child the harmful cigarettes cannot get a child removed from their care. You would need more evidence otherwise the cps worker will just close the case.oh and just because she only used she snap card to buy energy drinks and candy does not mean cps should take her baby. Just tell your sister to tell her all that crap in energy drinks are not good for her fetus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Yes I would
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)