Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone remember this? IRONIC :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
Romney’s assertions regarding Russia represented either “a shocking lack of knowledge about international affairs or just craven politics.” And in an October debate, Obama sarcastically mocked his opponent’s Russia rhetoric. “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years,” the president quipped at the time.

Whoopsie!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Refresh my memory while I do a search. What was Romney's assertions regarding Russia? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Basicay criticized Obama for wanting to be 'friendly' with Russia. He also commented that Russia was our number one foe and it was only in our best interest to be cooperative not nice.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

Refresh my memory while I do a search. What was Romney's assertions regarding Russia? 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM
6 moms liked this

Romney had many things right. To bad people like a charismatic person over one that could have done some good with our country in his hands. *shrugs to late now. 

Photo: -Randi.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM

No I don't recall that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Well as our country slowly declines at least I can have that short moment of joy by saying "I told you so" to some people lol

Quoting brettsmomma:

Romney had many things right. To bad people like a charismatic person over one that could have done some good with our country in his hands. *shrugs to late now. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I voted for him so I guess i could to. LOL I tried to preach his views in many debates in this group but he still lost! Go figure! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well as our country slowly declines at least I can have that short moment of joy by saying "I told you so" to some people lol

Quoting brettsmomma:

Photo: -Randi.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

He may have had some things right, but he was downright scary on other things. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting brettsmomma:

Honestly, for me it   was nothing to do with either one.  It was the republican stance on abortion and birth control.  Bad enough that some states are limiting it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Obama's an idiot and I can hardly wait for him to be booted from the White House. He's s the worst president ever with Carter trailing right behind him.
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

And now there's a lot of issues in regards to Russia now.  The Snowden affair, the human rights violation with LGBT community, and now Syria (though I'm not sure where I stand on that issue, but Russia is definitely in the mix with whatever decision the U.S. makes).  What it all comes down to is that we very much live in a global society and our foreign affairs will effect us more than anything else.  There's so many allies and potential foes and they all have ties to each other and wars and the possiblity of war will forever loom over our heads.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Basicay criticized Obama for wanting to be 'friendly' with Russia. He also commented that Russia was our number one foe and it was only in our best interest to be cooperative not nice.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)