Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Restaurant/Retail Abuse

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Someone explain to me what makes you think cussing restaurant/retail employees/managers is ok. Or why you think it will get you anything? Just because you are the customer, it doesn't mean you are right. I have seen a huge uptick over the last 10 years or so of people being outright crazy and thinking it is ok since they are the customer. One of these nights I am going to snap and tell someone exactly what they can do with their attitude.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkOwlStuffy
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's incredibly disrespectful not only to the employee getting cursed, but also of yourself to curse someone and act like a fool in public, customer or not. I have been angry many times while out in public, but I have never stooped to cursing at someone or causing a scene. It's tacky and immature in my opinion.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Because businesses have allowed the public to treat their employees that way for so long. People have caught on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCKitten87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I don't get it either. I've worked at a locally owned business for 2 years and our supervisors and upper management do not expect us to tolerate that kind of behavior at all. Every time I have kicked someone out or refused service I have always been backed by my bosses. We actually banned a guy from our stores for calling a girl a bitch and getting in her face.
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM
This and these people and thieves are raising their multiple children to be the same. I'm really afraid of what it will be like in 20 yrs.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Because businesses have allowed the public to treat their employees that way for so long. People have caught on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I had an old woman yell at me because I ided her for credit and because our carts are outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM

OMG! When I worked at a grocery store we had an outside grill trailer where we sold lunch on weekends. There was this horrible grouchy old man who wore this Korea war veteran hat and coat all the time and never had a nice word to say to anyone.

The store had a limited amount of outdoor patio furniture, which was displayed next to the trailer and people would buy their food and sit down there and eat it. Once it sold, it was gone, and the next weekend Jackass was YELLING at ME because there was nowhere for him to sit, AFTER I explaine that the display furniture had been sold. I don't know what he expected me to do. I told him to go talk to the manager and turned to the next customer behind him.

Some people were downright awful to me, and to my coworkers, but he was the worst.

codfish
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I don't know if it was a full moon last night or what. All the crazies seemed to be out. I can not believe the things people seem to think is ok. I can tell you though that employees are starting to push back. As the economy improves and companies have a harder time finding help they will understand that no one will put up with the crap anymore. I have reached the point of telling customers that they can speak to me and my employees as a civilized human or starve. My higher ups know I and the other company managers have reached a breaking point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Because people don't know how to teach their kids to be respectful. These kids grow up to be rude assholes and they teach their kids the same. It's a long line of trashiness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Unfortunatally I did yell ounce. At Verizon. I'm tired of them mistreating there customers. Their phones don't last the full two year contract. I've had nothing but bad luck there. And you have to pay to break a contract. They did give me a new phone exactally like the one I HD. Was back in with the same issue. I did feel bad and apologized to the lady but not to Verizon as I can't stand the company.
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN