Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son got in an accident!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

my son is 24 and rides a Harley,well yesterday he wanted to take a girl that he likes out on a ride into the canyon(its his favorite place). on their way back down some dumbass was driving right in the middle of the road around a blind turn and my son had to lay his bike down so they wouldnt hit the car.the driver didnt even flinch and ran right over my sons bike,luckily they were both wearing pants and long sleeves so they only have road rash but i just cant imagine what would have happened if my son couldnt lay his bike down in time

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Wow. sounds like the driver of the car is a total douche. Glad all they got was road rash...but they shouldn't have had to get even that. Did the driver even stop?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Wow. sounds like the driver of the car is a total douche. Glad all they got was road rash...but they shouldn't of had to get even that. Did the driver even stop?

my son said he just kept going,and didnt even turn away from them just ran straight over their bike and kept going up to the trail head

bec94
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
How scary! That's my biggest fear with dh riding! I trust him, it's all the distracted drivers around him I don't trust. Heck even when he's driving his car to work during rush hour I worry.
bec94
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Wow! Did the police get involved? Did they find the driver?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Wow. sounds like the driver of the car is a total douche. Glad all they got was road rash...but they shouldn't of had to get even that. Did the driver even stop?

my son said he just kept going,and didnt even turn away from them just ran straight over their bike and kept going up to the trail head

rhiannonaisling
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Well I am glad they are ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

o0LadyRaider0o
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Glad they are okay! Did they catch the driver?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Quoting bec94:

How scary! That's my biggest fear with dh riding! I trust him, it's all the distracted drivers around him I don't trust. Heck even when he's driving his car to work during rush hour I worry.

i know i always worry about my son when he goes on a ride

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM

So scary! Glad they are ok!

ramita
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I ride with my husband and we've had several close calls from distracted drivers. It can be scary. In fact the last time we rode my brother in law was riding his with us and had to kick another vehicle's door because the vehicle was coming into his lane and he had no where to go. Needless to say the other guy moved over and slowed way down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quoting bec94:

Wow! Did the police get involved? Did they find the driver?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

my son called them but they said "is anyone hurt? no? then theres no need for us to come up" those police for that city dont care,they only care if the news is reporting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN