Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All men sexually abuse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

That is what I am worried about. I was sexually abused by 2 men in my family from as far back as I can remember up until I was 13 and hit puberty.  That was also when I could fight back.  

Now I am married to a great man and have a beautiful little girl but I worry so much.  No one in my family knows what happened to me.  Even though it took place when other people were around.  It was usually when I needed to go inside to go to the bathroom or get something and everyone else was outside.  If one of them was there then he would follow me inside and make me do things like give him oral sex.  All the time I could hear people outside chatting, laughing and listening to music, they didn't know anything was going on.

I refuse to tell them because one of the men is dead and the other no one hears from anymore.  But I worry so much, especially when DH takes DD up to change her diaper or whatever else she needs.  I worry that all men have this drive.  I know it isn't true but it is still in the back of my mind all the time.

How can I make it stop?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh man... I don't know, hun. But I hope you can realize that MOST men are NOT abusers.
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
All men aren't like this... maybe you need counseling..and to get the truth out, even if the men aren't around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Have you ever spoken to a professional about this? That may help, for you need your mind relaxed. Sorry mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Get a therapist. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Honey, you need to get in counseling now, before you teach your daughter these unhealthy thoughts. I know you won't mean to but it will happen if you don't get help.

I am so sorry you went through this awful stuff but you can learn to live with it and not be so afraid.

Talk to your husband and get help.
katydid150
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Please find a therapist. I'm so sorry that happened to you, but not all men are like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting jessimicuh:

All men aren't like this... maybe you need counseling..and to get the truth out, even if the men aren't around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I don't want to.  I see no point in it.  For the most part I have dealt with the issues (through counseling and time) I had because of it.  I only see doing a lot of harm to the family if I were to say anything.  I don't want to put them through that.  They see me for who I am now which is successful with a beautiful family.  These thoughts just pop up every now and then.  My DH knows about the abuse and he has been so great about it all especially after I had DD.  

Quoting jessimicuh:

tifbrown
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
It's time to get help to get over this. If you never tell your family, that's up to you. But, you still know and it still effects you. There is help out there. Don't let this continue to disrupt your life. Not all men are like that, not even close. I hope you get help and can move past this. Positive energy and prayers momma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I already have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a therapist. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)