Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All men sexually abuse

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That is what I am worried about. I was sexually abused by 2 men in my family from as far back as I can remember up until I was 13 and hit puberty.  That was also when I could fight back.  

Now I am married to a great man and have a beautiful little girl but I worry so much.  No one in my family knows what happened to me.  Even though it took place when other people were around.  It was usually when I needed to go inside to go to the bathroom or get something and everyone else was outside.  If one of them was there then he would follow me inside and make me do things like give him oral sex.  All the time I could hear people outside chatting, laughing and listening to music, they didn't know anything was going on.

I refuse to tell them because one of the men is dead and the other no one hears from anymore.  But I worry so much, especially when DH takes DD up to change her diaper or whatever else she needs.  I worry that all men have this drive.  I know it isn't true but it is still in the back of my mind all the time.

How can I make it stop?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Replies (101-102):
tifbrown
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM

"Get over it" really isn't a good way to put it, my bad. I meant more to move forward. It breaks my heart that so many people have been through this, often times alone with no one else knowing their struggle. I hope she can get what she needs to not let it negatively impact her anymore, whether it be therapy or some form of closer.

Quoting pedritosmama:

I doubt she'll ever "get over it."  She said she's had therapy, but that doesn't erase what happened.  I'm surprised she's doing as well as she is considering the circumstances.  I'm glad she didn't become an abuser herself, because that is a very common outcome of child abuse. 

Quoting tifbrown:

It's time to get help to get over this. If you never tell your family, that's up to you. But, you still know and it still effects you. There is help out there. Don't let this continue to disrupt your life. Not all men are like that, not even close. I hope you get help and can move past this. Positive energy and prayers momma.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM

therapy.  lots.  YESTERDAY.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN