Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adult adhd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
I am pretty sure my dh has adult adhd. When wr first started dating he was taking meds for it, but I didn't know at the time that's what it was for. Shortly after we started dating he stopped taking his meds.

Lately looking back I'm seeing a lot of our issues are related to his adhd. He is very forgetful. I gave him a planner to keep track of his schedule. He can't remember what stuff we have going on on what day and will double book us. He's constantly forgetting things when we go out for the day. Things like sippy, change of clothes ect. He miss places things all the time. Stuff is always going missing like the car keys, his work stuff ect. He can not multitask at all. He can't watch tv and stirr a pot on the stove without it boiling over or burning. He can't watch tv and play with the kids. He gets easily upset if things don't go his way. If the kids don't do exactly what he thibks they should be doing when he thinks they should be doing it he gets upset. If he see the kids playing their tablet while watching tv he will turn the tv off saying they aren't watching it because you can't do both at the same time. When we are ralking he will tune me out. He will get upset and walk away because he thinks I'm attacking him. Maibly because he has a hard time concentrating on what I'm saying after about 2 sentences.

I've talked to him about it. He knows he has it but doesn't want to do any thing about it. Help me help him?Anyone siffering from adult adhd? How do you handle it?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured