Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teen Sex at Home?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you allow your 16 year old that is in a 2 year relationship to sleep with her boyfriend at your house?  My sister is allowing this and her reasoning is that it's much safer for them to be at home?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Lololololololololololololol

NO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM

No.

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

no not until they are married.

BCauseImAwesome
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Yeah

newmom3012
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
11 moms liked this
Absolutely. My kids will have a condom bowl too.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
16 moms liked this

While I'd rather my dd wait. I'd have to say yes I'd allow it to happen in my home. I'd rather it happen at home in her bed where she is safe then in the back seat of a car somewhere. Also if they are being open then there is a good chance they are having safe sex and using some kind of birth control

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Not a chance. I'll put her on bc and talk about safe sex, but I'll also make it known that that's not what I want for her and it will not be taking place in my house.
GarysWife1991
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Well I moved in with dh when I was 16 so I'd be a hypocrite if i didn't allow it.

luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
4 moms liked this

I see both sides of this but my oldest child is only 6 so I have not been in this situation. On one hand, 16 is too young IMO to be having sex and so I could see a parent doing everything they could to prevent their child having sex and/or not making it easy for them to. On the other hand I would want my child to be safe. Chances are, they are going to do it either way, I would be very concerned with them doing it in a car somewhere at night or somewhere that is not safe or where they could be caught and arrested. Also, if the teen feels they have to hide the fact that they are having sex, they are less likely to use condoms and/ or be on the pill for fear of their parents finding the condoms or pills. Like I said, I can see both sides but I feel like, as much as it would weird me out, letting them have sex in your home (if they are in long term relationships) is the best way out of the two to safeguard them

rocamom
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM

No I would not.. I hope your sister had taught her daughter about birth control and condoms..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)