Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teen Sex at Home?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you allow your 16 year old that is in a 2 year relationship to sleep with her boyfriend at your house?  My sister is allowing this and her reasoning is that it's much safer for them to be at home?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (621-630):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

If I knew they were being responsible with birth control, and the other parents were OK with it, I would allow it.

november117
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Nope. No way in hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Not always, sure some kids will do what they want but if you raised your child in a good Christian home with morals and respect for themselves and their bodies they may not. I waited for marriage and all my friends did too. Starts at home from day one, so sad what our world has come to Do your job as a parent and you may be one of the lucky one

Quoting fanci64:

It makes me laugh to see some of you moms saying no, or Hell no, or that they wouldn't have been in a two year relationship by the age of 16. You are all delusional. Your son or daughter is going to do what they are going to do. If you try to be all gruff and tuff about it they will just get sneaky as the time goes by. A open relationship with your parents is the best deterrent to teen pregnancy. Good luck to all of you women that think you will have that kind of control over your child at 16, Hell at 14, they have their own minds and ideas.

MaggieO
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Idk. On the one hand, I do believe in being open and honest about sex with kids. I also believe in informing them about birth control. I am also realistic in knowing many teens do have sex. On the other hand, I do t want to condone it by inviting or openly allowing them to do it in my home. I'd like to place as many obstacles to sex as possible. ;)

If my kid does want my input ( even if he doesn't) I will tell him it's better to wait until he can handle the emotions and responsibility that come with sex. It's not just about preventing pregnancy and STDs, it's also about being responsible for your own feelings and caring about those of your partner. I'm not one who believes in waiting until marriage, but in waiting until one is more mature.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Morals are subjective.

Also teens have always had babies. People are actually having kids way later now. Teen pregnancy rate is way down.
Also in places where they tell kids to save sex for marrige they have the highest teen pregnancy and STD rates. Countries where parents are far more open about sex have far less teen pregnancy and std rates.

Quoting Anonymous:

Heck no , no one has any morals anymore. I was raised to wait unti marriage. Apparently you were not, this is why so many teenagers are having kids because of the parents like you who couldn't care less if their kids were sleeping around, so sad our generation has no respect for themselves and their bodies. Sex is more than just pleasure with s boyfriend it is a commitment that you can only make when you get married

Quoting Anonymous:

Morals are subjective. You can't tell someone they don't have morals. You can say they don't live up to your morals. Not everyone cares if their kid waits until marriage.

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

Um, no, where are the morals?  What is this teaching a child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

No...

And I'm not coming from a place of a mom of toddlers. I have teens. My oldest just went off to college, my daughter is nearly 17, my youngest is 13.

Yes, "kids will find a way" blah blah and all that....that doesn't mean I have to endorse it by letting it happen under my roof.

also, I've raised my teens to have more respect for themselves and me that to even exepect something like that would be ok.

phoenixallison
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
& thats the dumb stuff that my step mom allowed & wow big shock my sister got pregnant young too what a shock!! how about the standard being no my daughter will have enough respect not to have a sleep over with her boyfriend.
Gwendlite
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

no

cstargarner
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

nope, and I wouldn't let her sleep with him at his house either.  Also, if she was at a "friend's house" and was really with him she'd be grounded.

k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I just asked dh this very question a few days ago. I would, but he said "hell no." lol. If the lines of communication were open and I knew they were being safe, I would allow it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)