Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did we do the right thing.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 39 Replies
So my son(9) and nephew(5) walk home frond school every day. It's a block away and a small town. Thursday I just finishing snack dishes at 315 (I have a daycare of 5 small kids) and they had not arrived home yet. School lets out at 306. I called my nephews mom who was due to arrive in the next five-ten minutes. She stopped at the school and they had said the kids left right after school. So after getting all the children in strollers and ready to go on a search party they turned the corner from the opposite side of the school. before even finishing the lecture about coming straight home from school and the dangers out there, we found drinks in their bags. Come to find out they walked the two blocks to our grocery store and stole them. After a call to the manager and all my daycare children were picked up we took them to the store, made them give it back and apologize. My nine year didn't seem to get the seriousness of the matter so I did agree to have the police called out as well to lecture them. Some people think I was to mean. Stealing is not acceptable under any circumstances. Do y'all think I was to hard on him? I don't believe I was.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmazingMomOfTwo
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
You did the right thing.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this
Youre nicer than I would be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RJC78
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Nope.  Good job mama!

deenakate
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You totally did the right thing. I may even go as far as taking them to tour the county jail
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I would have done the same thing. Got to try and get it thru their heads now before it might escalate.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
They would have gotten in a lot more trouble with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
You did the right thing having the the policeman talk to them.

Community service may be in order as well.
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
you were WAY nicer than i would have been.
Avarah
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
100% right thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM

you did the right thing, stealing is wrong and since they didn't seem to understand that from you maybe hearing it from the cop might have helped it sink in better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)