Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm only getting how much from FS?!?!?!! Edit** Update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 366 Replies

So I know I'm gonna come off as an ungrateful sob, but anyways......

Just got approved for food stamps and we are recieving $135 for a family of 4 and our income is around $2,000 a month.

Does that seem right or way low? What do y'all get?

When I was on FS before it was 3 of us making only $1,000 a month but we got like $500. I'm pretty sure my case worker is just an idiot and I'll have to call in and see how to fix it all because I had also signed up for medicaid got the temp cards for a month then just recieved notification that I do not qualify for chp....I wasn't even signing up for chp because you have to make $5,000  a month to qualify for it. So I have no idea what she did. Hubby gets paid weekly and we took in like 7 checks....maybe she put it all as one month's income?

I know they've lowered how much family's get but is this really what it is now?!?

***Edit for the haters***

I said I know I'll come off as ungraeful not that I am ungrateful. I am very happy for the assistane and will be able to get a good amount of food to feed my family with that.

My question was to others on PA if this was normal, and I am finding that it is, in which case thats good, I won't be needing to call my case worker on monday and ask what's going on with it.

I was confused about the amount being lower then what we had previously gotten when we have another child now, I was not saying it was too low or not enough or that I am pissed about the amount, just simply that it was less then before.

Yes the title says I'm ONLY getting so much...I put a title that would get people to read the post...not that I am actually upset over the amount.

And I called my case worker an idiot because I have had weird mix-ups with her before and she's always very rude to me, and everyone in the office that I have talked to gives me the Ohhhhh she's your case worker....

*****The amount will be $299 a month, the paperwork was wrong and she doesn't know why I haven't gotten the medicaid cards yet***
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Bump

paganbaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Just marking my spot :-)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
7 moms liked this

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
*snorts*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM

It seems low. But I"m sure they take in all sorts of other factors, like if you get child support or SSI or anything like that. I have 4 kids, I make 3,300 and I get $450

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
We make 1800 after taxes and get $100 ...
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
11 moms liked this
Ungrateful you should take your free food and quit complaining!
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Why don't you go to your state's website. It should have a calculator. Every state is different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM

We are a family of 5, we have $1300 a month and get $793 a month

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
18 moms liked this

Why on earth do you need pa if you make 2k a month?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)