Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your sister in law act like her kids are cuter/ more loved than yours?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
My sister in law always acts like her kids are just the best thing ever. She never talks to my child except to say hi
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Yes, but my inlaws act like that too. Last Christmas her 5 month old got well over $200 worth of stuff from the inlaws and they got each of my 3 kids these under $30 gifls. We have stopped seeing them though because if they can't treat all the kids the same, then they don't need to be around them. And yes, she acts like her kid is the cutest thing ever and she really isn't

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Nope.  Actually she shipped her son off to live with his dad so she and my DH's brother could start their life together(its been 2 years)

They see him over the summer for 2 weeks and at Christmas.  She is more interested in high end accessories and traveling to places her child isn't then being a mom.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM

No because my sister in laws child is UGLY, and can't talke at 2 1/2.  My kid is freaking adorable and at two can speak clearly in small sentences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Some people are just not fans of other peoples kids. I love my kids but frankly only tolerate others.  She's being polite and acknowledging your kids by saying Hi.  So what if she's not the type to get down on the floor and play with them or try and make conversation with them. She loves her kids, you love yours, there is no issue here unless you make it one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM

People tend to over-broadcast things they are insecure about. (Example- If you are truly so happy, you wouldn't feel the need to constantly brag about it.) Does she do it in a snarky way?

sampson200
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Nope.

My SIL is awesome.

Karen_29
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Thats sad

Quoting lovemymini:

Nope.  Actually she shipped her son off to live with his dad so she and my DH's brother could start their life together(its been 2 years)

They see him over the summer for 2 weeks and at Christmas.  She is more interested in high end accessories and traveling to places her child isn't then being a mom.

diaperstodating
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM
No. My sister in laws don't have kids.
homeschoolmom9
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM

no they dont but its very obvious that ours are the favorites.. The other kids get 1 or 2 gifts, a surprise gift here and there and ours get 6-8 a piece and surprise ones everyday

Happily married homeschooling mommy to 6 year old Shelby, 3 year old Marianne, 16 month old Carly and soon to be Gladys!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM
My sils dont have kids yet.
One of my husbands sisters is only 8 haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN