Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has Anyone Been In Inpatient Treatment??

Posted by   + Show Post
Naeem had 3 rages this week. One a few hrs ago and im still very numb. Im so hurt... Ive cried a lot :'(

Search my posts if you are clue less. But he sees his therapist on Wednesday so we are hoping she can put him in inpatient. Im very disgusted with myself but wondering if anyone can explain what happens in inpatient treatment?

*sigh*
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I don't know anything about it but I wanted to give you some virtual hugs. I can't imagine being in your position. Good luck. I hope this helps him.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/14307915/_Sigh_serious_thread_in_need_of_support_prayers_whatever

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I was wondering about you Idk the whole story but from what I DO know you are doing the right thing
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Can someone make this clicky please?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/14307915/_Sigh_serious_thread_in_need_of_support_prayers_whatever

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I was wondering about you Idk the whole story but from what I DO know you are doing the right thing

KGreen75
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
What are his rages like? Is there a trigger(s)?

:(. Sounds like inpatient is best for him, he will get the help he needs and you will get a much needed breather.

They will get his meds regulated and find the best combo for him, there will probably be lots of therapy sessions, group interaction with other children, lots of evaluations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Naeem had 3 rages this week. One a few hrs ago and im still very numb. Im so hurt... Ive cried a lot :'(

Search my posts if you are clue less. But he sees his therapist on Wednesday so we are hoping she can put him in inpatient. Im very disgusted with myself but wondering if anyone can explain what happens in inpatient treatment?

*sigh*

My ds was in inpatient treatment when he was 14 for rage as well. It was a symptom of his true diagnosis of bi polar disorder. It was heartbreaking BUT also a huge life saver literally. He has done quite well since with the biggest improvement being his meds. The correct meds were given to him and he was stabilized on those meds before he was sent home.
He was finally in a good place instead of bouncing around with his own emotions. When he is not on his meds he is a wreck but doesn't realize how bad he is. Then on the meds he can voice how well he is and how happy he is. He becomes a normal and balanced person.
It was difficult to have him beg for me to take him home during visits and its tough not to bring out the momma bear when they are so strict but it is a necessity.
With a mental illness the biggest favor we can do for our child is to help him lead as normal a life as possible. Sometimes that requires an inpatient stay. It isn't fair to do the easy thing for us when they struggle to live a good life. They have a daily, sometimes an hourly struggle with themselves, our struggle is nothing compared to theirs! Good luck!
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
He is extremely violent. Punching, slapping, kicking, throwing objects, breaking things, etc. He usually attacks me. I had a lumbar disc fusion in july 2012 it failed so im in co stant pain but he punches me near my incision. Im scared hes going to knock something out of place. If he cannot hurt me he hurts himself... Pulls wads of hair out of his head. Punches a hole in the wall, etc.

triggers can be something not going as planned.. Rarely happens but can and has. He could be building blocks if it falls he goes off. If another child hits him he goes off. Sometimes if i ask him to do something or so say no he goes off. 50% of the time theres no triggers. I usually can suspect it coming by his attitude, demeanor, etc. Im supposed to give him a resperdone but he refuses it and by the time he takes it it has escalated.

We have been dealing with his rages for over three years :( im done!

Quoting KGreen75:

What are his rages like? Is there a trigger(s)?

:(. Sounds like inpatient is best for him, he will get the help he needs and you will get a much needed breather.

They will get his meds regulated and find the best combo for him, there will probably be lots of therapy sessions, group interaction with other children, lots of evaluations.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Thank you

This is killing me :'( i dont wanna but i think it is best. Only makes me more guilty and feeling like a failure.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know anything about it but I wanted to give you some virtual hugs. I can't imagine being in your position. Good luck. I hope this helps him.
LectioDivina
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Yes, I've been in before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Being a failure would be doing nothing for your son. You are doing the best you can. To me, that's being a good parent.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Thank you

This is killing me :'( i dont wanna but i think it is best. Only makes me more guilty and feeling like a failure.

Quoting Anonymous:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I appreciate your kind words.

I cannot help how I feel.. After 3 years of this im so emotionally effed up! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a failure would be doing nothing for your son. You are doing the best you can. To me, that's being a good parent.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN