Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has Anyone Been In Inpatient Treatment??

Posted by   + Show Post
Naeem had 3 rages this week. One a few hrs ago and im still very numb. Im so hurt... Ive cried a lot :'(

Search my posts if you are clue less. But he sees his therapist on Wednesday so we are hoping she can put him in inpatient. Im very disgusted with myself but wondering if anyone can explain what happens in inpatient treatment?

*sigh*
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Replies (41-47):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM
He would get so mad he would punch holes in the walls threaten to kill himself. He would see dead ppl or so he would say. He would go to the hospital like twice a month because he would just explode does ur son take any meds?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I cannot imagine :( i was told 10 days min but up to 3 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 8 year old brother at the age of 3 he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and hes schizophrenic. About a year or so he was sent to live in a group home where he lived at for a year.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM
So far Naeem hasnt threatened to killl himself. He has said he is gonna kill me. Or cut me.

He takes intuniv, mirtazapine (insonmnia), focaline (curve his appettite, mirtazapine increased it) and resperidone as needed when i notice he is getting aggressive. I wish he could take it on a regular basis but since hes prediabetic they cannot do that.

Quoting Anonymous:He would get so mad he would punch holes in the walls threaten to kill himself. He would see dead ppl or so he would say. He would go to the hospital like twice a month because he would just explode does ur son take any meds?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:I cannot imagine :( i was told 10 days min but up to 3 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 8 year old brother at the age of 3 he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and hes schizophrenic. About a year or so he was sent to live in a group home where he lived at for a year.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Naeem sometimes says the voices made him do it and he cannot control his anger. He told his sunday school teacher he is unhappy with his life :( Naeem is 6.

Quoting Anonymous:

He would get so mad he would punch holes in the walls threaten to kill himself. He would see dead ppl or so he would say. He would go to the hospital like twice a month because he would just explode does ur son take any meds?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I can never imagine how you feel but I know what's its like to be on the end of a punch. It's hard to deal with but your not alone

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Naeem sometimes says the voices made him do it and he cannot control his anger. He told his sunday school teacher he is unhappy with his life :( Naeem is 6.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting Anonymous:

4lilbundles
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:15 AM

I haven't been. I think you are doing the right thing though and trying to find your son the help he needs.  I wish you and your son the best of luck

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Yes. Many years ago.

My mother had something similar to munchausens.. and well, 15 years ago, I can say I learned more BAD things than they helped (which was not at all... in fact they created issues)

The best I can say, is its traumatic for a child. Its a structured enviroment, usually consisting of schooling (which is mandatory) group therapy, individual therapy and medication and diet managment.

When I was 11 it was like this:

Wake up at 8, take a shower with cold water and shampoo (since they refused to fix the hot water, and gave us no soap) go to 'breakfast' which was cold corn flakes, soggy with disgusting milk.

Do 'class' which was usually a work book some other kid had used before (and left) and was basics like coloring, times tables and garbage.

Then lunch, which was usually a preformed hockey puck 'hamburger'.

Then 'nap time' and then more school for an hour.

Then group therapy with the pixie (I swear to you this man was the banana of the bunch..) which usually involved me falling asleep from the drugs they forced down my throat.

Dinner at 6, bed at 7. No physical activity. No tv. No radio. Nothing.

Rinse and repeat. After 5 days, I lied as much as I could to get out of there. I kissed ass, manipulated my way OUT. 

I didnt deserve to be there.. and frankly they were not helping the kids that WERE there.

I have lots of horror stories. Actually I have nothing positive to say about residentals, group homes, theraputic foster care, partial programs.. nothing.

But I hope in the last 15 years times have changed enough that they stopped lumping in 'bad kids' (usually gangsters from the ghetto) with truly troubled individuals, and kids lost in the foster care system with no outlet.

I truly wish you luck. 

If he goes make sure you KNOW what they are doing. Ask for treatment records, a schedule of activities and daily progress. CONFIRM THIS WITH HIM.

Good luck, I truly hope Naeem gets the help you need!

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I don't have any experience on the subject but you shouldn't feel bad, do what you need to do to get it under control. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN