Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going out of my mind please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My dd is a little over 11 months old and the last couple of weeks she is crying all the time. She is only drinking about 30 ounces of formula a day. No baby food. I don't know if she is hungry or just crying. She is even only taking a nap for an hour then wakes up crying which is unusal for her. She is waking up in the night for a bottle. Should she be eating more if so how can I tell. I plan on weaning her off the formula soon but I don't know where to start. Yes this is my first baby please help.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

bump

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I would think that at 11months, you should have started her on solids by now, unless you were specfically instructed not to by her Pedi.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM

1) 3 bottles/sip 2) 3 meals and 2 snacks. 3) separation anxiety-give her your sleep shirt. 4) check for teeth. 5) one burp doesn't mean not still gassy. 6) sleep schedule. 7) bedtime/nap time routine. 8) infant massage

Fairywings1223
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Why isn't she eating solid foods? Is there a medical reason? Not trying to bash just curious.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yes she she should be eating more. IMO 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM

If I give her solid foods she will not take the bottle at all and her pedi said she needs the formula more than the food at this age

Quoting Fairywings1223:

Why isn't she eating solid foods? Is there a medical reason? Not trying to bash just curious.

Graceplustwo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM
My 12m old eats bfast, lunch, diner and 2 snacks as well as 25oz of formula ( per doc from being preemie) I can't believe your kid isn't eating solids. She is probably starving. And teething. My lo went through a stage like that around the same time. But it will pass. Just try feeding her solids and see if her gums are swollen. Stay positive
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM

If I feed her solids she will not drink her formula so the dr said to cut out solids that formula is more important at this age

Quoting Graceplustwo:

My 12m old eats bfast, lunch, diner and 2 snacks as well as 25oz of formula ( per doc from being preemie) I can't believe your kid isn't eating solids. She is probably starving. And teething. My lo went through a stage like that around the same time. But it will pass. Just try feeding her solids and see if her gums are swollen. Stay positive

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Teething?
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

This!

If her Pedi says she needs more formula at this age and she has NO medical problems....hes an idiot and you need a different Pedi.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Yes she she should be eating more. IMO 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)