Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What an A$$...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 74 Replies

Today was ds opening day today,. He plays baseball.. Well, while up at his first bat he was at a 1-2 count and the coach from the other team just walks up to him and snatches his bat out of his hand. He proceeds to walk it over to our dug out and hands it to our coaches. Well, I guess the bat was not regulation. He could and should have went to our coaches and told them and they would of handled it with more class and tact. My poor son, he was so upset. He threw his hands up and was like wtf... Well, I am happy to say, I got it all on video and will be discussing this with someone very soon... I felt so bad for him. My ds is autistic and very supersticious about what bat he uses and this really was a blow to him. Well the good thing is he pitched and got alot of their players out!!! 

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this
No offence, but rules are rules...if he felt your son and coach were breaking them, he did what he felt was necessary...

How old is your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Rules are rules? Yeah, I understand that.. But as a coach you do not go over to a 7 yr old and snatch his bat out of his hand, You call a time out and go to our coaches. Simple as that.

Quoting LucyMom08:

No offence, but rules are rules...if he felt your son and coach were breaking them, he did what he felt was necessary...

How old is your son?

Delila12
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. He should have been way nicer about it. It can't be that serious.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like your son handled the situation well.   Especially with autism and being 7.   You should be very proud.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
6 moms liked this

What does being autistic have to do with it? If he can play baseball he should be able to handle minor things like using a different bat. You sound like you make his disability a crutch for him.

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Lol, it is obvious you do not know how it affects some children. Transition and change are difficult for him. So, yes it is gonna affect him and no I am not a crutch.
Quoting wymama610:

What does being autistic have to do with it? If he can play baseball he should be able to handle minor things like using a different bat. You sound like you make his disability a crutch for him.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM

opposing team coaches have no business interacting in that way with the players. rules or not - it should have been taken up with the coach, not the player. inappropriate. 

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it really that big of a deal? Regulations are there for a reason...your kid won't melt from being made to follow the rules.

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

Rules are rules? Yeah, I understand that.. But as a coach you do not go over to a 7 yr old and snatch his bat out of his hand, You call a time out and go to our coaches. Simple as that.

Quoting LucyMom08:

How old is your son?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The other coach didn't need to snatch it out of his hand for sure. If it's against regulations, then he needed to talk to the coach about it, not snatch it out of a 7 year olds hand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Well my first words were just a few sentences, but I guess have to explain myself fully to those who assume, here goes.

I usually look at both sides of the situation,  so.

While I agree the coach for the other team was horrible to your son. Maybe he was having a bad day, not that its an excuse, but if you want to put your son circumstances in, shouldn't the coaches circumstances count to?

Should you go all half cocked getting the coach in trouble without knowing all the circumstances ?????     No

Was it another team that your son wont have to deal with on a regualr basis? yes

My solution, your son was using an illegal bat, so he was doing wrong no matter his circumstances, the coach was mean , so he was doing wrong no matter his circumstances.

Lesson Learned , lifes not fair, no matter your circumstances.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)