Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meanwhile, at Walmart

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM
  • 31 Replies
http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/08/21/walmart-launches-free-layaway-ditches-fees-to-save-customers-cash
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:03 AM
3 moms liked this

or you could put money in a savings acct, where it will earn interest, and then to buy the things you want!

grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Exactly how much you do have in the damn bank?  Do you have any idea how much money you'd have to have IN the bank, earning money to be able to buy with what you earned in interest??

Quoting Anonymous:

or you could put money in a savings acct, where it will earn interest, and then to buy the things you want!

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Wonder if this will apply to black friday. Hehehe.

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:06 AM
It did last year. :)

Quoting thefiregoddess:

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally after we have been in some crazy big debt (we owed $10k in credit card debt), we now never use credit cards, or any sort of pay off thing. We are saving up to pay out right cash for our next house. We paid off our debt within a few months but i dont like the feeling and while lay away isent like credit cards it gives you a similar mind set. Saving teaches you better impulse/shel control too.

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I posted this for those who cannot do that- should they not have the proper income to put up for an extravagant Christmas, those who don't have the proper legal status, those who have nosey kids, the list goes on. I try not to be a judgmental snob and I thought that this would be a good heads up.

Scrooge.

Quoting Anonymous:

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM

i think she means to just put the money in a savings so you dont touch it and can add to it and as a perk it will earn intrests. So its just a plus.

Quoting grey7399:

Exactly how much you do have in the damn bank?  Do you have any idea how much money you'd have to have IN the bank, earning money to be able to buy with what you earned in interest??

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM
That never works for us lol. If we keep money in our savings we end up with like $.04 interest after 3 months. I don't use layaway either though, becaus it isn't available here.

Quoting Anonymous:

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Well fuck. That might be exactly what I do.

I'm in the market for a new tv.. and it would be great if I could surprise the Mr around christmas. I dont celebrate but he does.. and where the hell am i supposed to hide a 65 inch tv?!

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

It did last year. :)

Quoting thefiregoddess:

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Walmart layaway is stupid.  Use Kmart layaway!  Walmart won't let you put anything on layaway on either Thanksgiving Night or Black Friday.  I have cash set aside for Christmas shopping on Black Friday, but I am going to put some home electronics on layaway that night.  I only get paid once a month, so my check on November 27th will be the last one I get until December 31st.  I did layaway at Kmart last Thanksgiving and got everything for all the kids in the family.  I only had to buy a couple of stocktin stuffers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)