Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still think CPS is all Rainbows, Sunshine and Butterflies in OK?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Children officially MISSING from foster care and CPS says they have no idea where the children are but they must have just 'run away because they didn't want to follow the rules'.

Riiighhhhttt. BTW, this is JUST in Oklahoma. This does *not* include any other states. 

http://intellihub.com/2013/08/13/78-children-under-government-protection-disappear-in-oklahoma-agency-blames-the-children/

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Bump.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a foster child and had bad dealings with them in and out of foster care.

I never trusted them.

i ran away.. got at least 20 times, once I disappeared for a week.

They didnt file a police report, or even care.

Another girl I knew from a group home (and oddly enough was in 2 foster homes I was in) ran away at 16. They never bothered to look for her and left her stuff on the curb.

I found her.. she moved in with some guy from the internet, got pregnant, got married and now has three kids. Wasnt exactly hard to find her, she had a myspace when she ran away.

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:14 AM

I have not even bothered to read the above link. But from stuff I know and have read and have watched people experience I don't trust CPS for a second. There are probably some who still do it and try their best but I think most are just people who did not know what they were getting into and so don't care or try, are dirty, or just idiots and are not qualified to be holding people's lives in their hands.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Even if they did run away, they are still responsible to find them and protect them. They're in foster care. It sucks, so it's a possibility that they ran away.

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Scary stuff...Is she happy? I hope she is. This is why i take cps seriously. I have seen people go down based on just rumors alone. while some cases do need them, they can tear a family apart.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I never trusted them.

Another girl I knew from a group home (and oddly enough was in 2 foster homes I was in) ran away at 16. They never bothered to look for her and left her stuff on the curb.

I found her.. she moved in with some guy from the internet, got pregnant, got married and now has three kids. Wasnt exactly hard to find her, she had a myspace when she ran away.

TrouserMouse
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Being someone that once illegally harbored a foster care runaway, it isn't so hard to believe. She was 17. She didn't want to live with her foster family, so she hid out for nearly a year.

I would like to know the ages of the missing. 78 out of 10, 000 isn't that many. They are likely older teens that left because they were tired of being in the system.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this
This is so sad! I don't even know what else to say. :(
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Anything run by the government is going to be a cluster fuck.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:22 AM

She is great. She is quite well off, had gotten a job immediately, finished high school, went to college and now owns her own salon.

She was white (we were the ONLY two white girls in 3 years at this group home of 24 girls) and learned how to braid and style in all kinds of hair, but predominatly ethinic hair styles.

I mean she was and is GOOD. She is insanely successful, with skills she learned from girls in a group home. What are the odds?

I dont trust CPS worth a shit. Michelle Strickland from OCY of Montgomery County PA falsified records, visits, documents and released confidential (by law) information without authorization or consent.

She boned me HARD. She lied..and she knew it. I have nothing but disdain for CPS. 

Even here in Tennessee.. they are doing 'sweeping reforms' its in the news every week, because they FAIL kids so badly. I called on a 1 year old living in a 3bedroom trailer with 10 dogs, 14 cats, 6 chickens, 9 people and a million cockroaches. I mean they were even crawling in and out of the formula cans.. and there was garbage up to MY ankles.

CPS, just like the 42 other times they visited, said nothing was wrong.

I know there are good case workers out there that genuinely want to help children.. but I fear most are now burnt out, over worked and not in it for the kids anymore. :(

Quoting SnapShotMama:

Scary stuff...Is she happy? I hope she is. This is why i take cps seriously. I have seen people go down based on just rumors alone. while some cases do need them, they can tear a family apart.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I never trusted them.

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:28 AM
1 mom liked this

That is just horrid!! have you tried calling the fire department?? That is not only health but major fire hazard. idk if they could get the ball rolling. I have a good friend who was screwed by cps. Her pediatrician claimed she made her son come at 30wks, and caused all his medical issues, and inlaws added fule to the fire to try and get the boy for themselves. cps took him and stuck him in a hospital and finally dr's said he really is sick, its not the moms fault, but it was over a year of not being able to even see her son....It has mentally messed with her trust in others.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

She is great. She is quite well off, had gotten a job immediately, finished high school, went to college and now owns her own salon.

She was white (we were the ONLY two white girls in 3 years at this group home of 24 girls) and learned how to braid and style in all kinds of hair, but predominatly ethinic hair styles.

I mean she was and is GOOD. She is insanely successful, with skills she learned from girls in a group home. What are the odds?

I dont trust CPS worth a shit. Michelle Strickland from OCY of Montgomery County PA falsified records, visits, documents and released confidential (by law) information without authorization or consent.

She boned me HARD. She lied..and she knew it. I have nothing but disdain for CPS. 

Even here in Tennessee.. they are doing 'sweeping reforms' its in the news every week, because they FAIL kids so badly. I called on a 1 year old living in a 3bedroom trailer with 10 dogs, 14 cats, 6 chickens, 9 people and a million cockroaches. I mean they were even crawling in and out of the formula cans.. and there was garbage up to MY ankles.

CPS, just like the 42 other times they visited, said nothing was wrong.

I know there are good case workers out there that genuinely want to help children.. but I fear most are now burnt out, over worked and not in it for the kids anymore. :(

Quoting SnapShotMama:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I never trusted them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN