Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be offended ?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:37 AM
  • 64 Replies
My DH came up to me out of the blue and said "do you know you can get a paternity test to find out which gene was dominate ?" I told him " really that's coo Didn't know that" and he asked if I'd be interested I'm doing one to find out.

to be it doings like bullshit. sounds to me like he wants to find out if his son it's really his.

sure out son it's the only put of his side without blonde hair or blue eyes, but ahem * I'm black.

he was born white as a vampire with straight black hair. Which is now brown and curly. his eyes were grey but darkened to brown by the time he was a month old. In the ultrasound they looked like twins so we didn't know what to expect when he was born.

idk of I'm overreacting but I told him I didn't care we could get it done , but I feel like he's lieing about the reason. Especially since he did the dame thing when I was pregnant. came up to me randomly like "hey, did you know you could get a paternity test while pregnant ?" yes, yes I did know that dear husband. But I was not letting a doctor stick me with a needle in my stomach just because.

I just feel sick to my stomach at the moment...
outside by myself smoking a cig trying to keep from smashing his face against our wooden floors.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Yeah definitely a cop out excuse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goldpandora
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I'd be offended. VERY offended. Of course he's saying he wants to be sure the child is his. Why else would he be willing to spend money "just for the sake of curiosity"? So ask him whose venom he's been listening to...

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

He thinks he's so clever eh? Let him get a paternity test and then rub it all up in his face.

JulietAngel89
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:49 AM

I dint know what would offend me more. Him lying about the reason or coming uot straight. 

I suppose I might be a little less pissed if he was being honest... 

da808gypsy
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:49 AM
That's what I was thinking

Quoting goldpandora:

Yes, I'd be offended. VERY offended. Of course he's saying he wants to be sure the child is his. Why else would he be willing to spend money "just for the sake of curiosity"? So ask him whose venom he's been listening to...

da808gypsy
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:50 AM
yes!!! What's so hard about being honest?!

Quoting JulietAngel89:

I dint know what would offend me more. Him lying about the reason or coming uot straight. 

I suppose I might be a little less pissed if he was being honest... 

da808gypsy
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:53 AM
I actually think his parents put him up to this... Lol. parents I mean his dad.
he brought it up the first time when I was pregnant. I guess they don't want to believe I tainted their precious Russian bloodline with my black blood.
Oh and another thing: his dad had a "talk" with him when I was pregnant and told him he wasn't going to be able to "relate" to his son cuz he'll be black. Ain't that some shit.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

Yeah definitely a cop out excuse
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to be a little more sympathetic about this, as women we know when we push out a baby that it's ours. But I think most men wonder if their kids are theirs, and it's a feeling that we can't understand.

da808gypsy
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM
I'm just curious as to what he means by see what genes are dominate. He's white , our son came out as white as a Cullen. I'm black , our son has hair and brown eyes. We can obviously see what genes were dominate just by looking at our son.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

He thinks he's so clever eh? Let him get a paternity test and then rub it all up in his face.

happy41ce
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM

do you think he thinks your baby was switched with another at the hospital? I mean it is possible.. men think stupid shit.

sorry you are dealing with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)