Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All Hail To The Positive Anon!!!

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM
  • 128 Replies
4 moms liked this

Excuse me on the title change.  I think ANON who keeps acting like everyone should be able to handle situations like she did deserves a medal.  Too bad I do not have one.  How about a cookie???  Don't forget to take notes peeps!!!!

I wrote a post about happiness last night.  I poofed it before going to bed because I wanted to be sure I was here to answer replies.

I was simply venting.  Just so you all know and most already know this i'll NEVER give up hope.  Me and Naeem have many great memories.  I'm happy in the moment.  But I do not have inner happiness and it's not my choice.  My choice is to be happy but there is no way to have positive thoughts when your child is continually hurting (emotionally & physically) you.  If you are that perfect that you can be positive during all the rages i've been through in the past three years you deserve a medal.  I'm getting my son help.  That's always been top priority and those that know me (old timers from nc) know i've never given up or lost hope & know i'll do whatever I got to do to see my little boy be happy again.  Seeing my son unhappy makes me unhappy.  I'm sorry but not being able to help your hurting child sucks.  It messes with your mind after awhile and it has literally effed me up mentally and emotionally.  I'm in therapy and take meds as well.  Yes, those meds need to be changed.  I'm severely depressed but since i'm doing this wrong i'd definitely love to switch lives with some of you who act like it's so easy to be positive in my walk of life.

If you are clueless you can read these posts for Naeem's struggles & story:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18921660/Psych_Evaluations

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/14307915/_Sigh_serious_thread_in_need_of_support_prayers_whatever

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Hugs. I keep you two in my thoughts and prayers. I couldn't imagine the daily and minute to minute struggle. But stay strong.

Have the doctors come up with a game plan at all? How is he doing?

You will get through this. Trust in that. There is light at the end of this I promise. Just keep looking st the end of the tunnel, it is there no matter how dark it seems now. Keep going.
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:57 AM
You are getting help and that is a step in the right direction. I can only imagine how difficult it is for both you and your child. Big hugs to you both.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I'm praying for you and your little man. You are one strong woman, keep the faith;)
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Not yet.  I was told to call mobile crisis and they seem to give me run around saying since he's 6 they more than likely would not take him rather help calm him down and give us 'advice' on how to handle it from escalating.  I explained to her i wanted him in inpatient and she said he has to meet certain guideliness bc of his age.  Ugh.  So we see his therapist on Wednesday and I feel in my gut this is it.  His therapist wants him to see a neurologist and he will in October.   Once he gets another mri they will know how to best treat him otherwise.

He had another rage yesterday.  My mom sent me home last night since I was a basket case.  When I left though he was fine.  Such a loving child.  He had no memory of it and that kills me.  Idk why he does not remember it.  He had the rage at Sonic so I of course had to deal with 1 other parent in particular staring us down. She needs to be thanking her lucky stars i'm a Christian bc i came so close to saying something and i knew if i did it would not be good.  She was stare then say things among her friends.  Repeat.  I kept hearing if that was my kid.  So I know she meant us.  Ugh.

3 rages in 1 week.....   it's getting a lot worse.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Hugs. I keep you two in my thoughts and prayers. I couldn't imagine the daily and minute to minute struggle. But stay strong.

You will get through this. Trust in that. There is light at the end of this I promise. Just keep looking st the end of the tunnel, it is there no matter how dark it seems now. Keep going.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM
This is drastic I know. Have you called probate? This is REALLY REALLY drastic. But I know that if you talk to the sheriffs office they will make it as pain free as possible.

It takes two family members in most states to go through probate. Have an order of eval issued. Have you done this? It will be a 48hr hold. Then if the doctor feels he needs more they can go from there.

Call probate and see if they do that for a child of his age. Like I said, I usually see them on older people. I'm not sure if they do them on children so young. It is drastic. But if you have no other options. The sheriffs office will handle it with white gloves.

You dont worry about anyone looking at you. You focus on that baby. Eff everyone else. You're doing ehat you need to do. Hugs

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Not yet.  I was told to call mobile crisis and they seem to give me run around saying since he's 6 they more than likely would not take him rather help calm him down and give us 'advice' on how to handle it from escalating.  I explained to her i wanted him in inpatient and she said he has to meet certain guideliness bc of his age.  Ugh.  So we see his therapist on Wednesday and I feel in my gut this is it.  His therapist wants him to see a neurologist and he will in October.   Once he gets another mri they will know how to best treat him otherwise.

He had another rage yesterday.  My mom sent me home last night since I was a basket case.  When I left though he was fine.  Such a loving child.  He had no memory of it and that kills me.  Idk why he does not remember it.  He had the rage at Sonic so I of course had to deal with 1 other parent in particular staring us down. She needs to be thanking her lucky stars i'm a Christian bc i came so close to saying something and i knew if i did it would not be good.  She was stare then say things among her friends.  Repeat.  I kept hearing if that was my kid.  So I know she meant us.  Ugh.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

sunrisekn
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:09 AM

You just have to keep your faith. I have no idea what you are going through, but you can't give up. You and Naeem are together for a reason. I know it's hard to keep you sunshine when you are at the bottom, but that is when you need your inner smiles the most. Believe it or not, you are doing great. Hang in there.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I've never heard of probate.  Do they go through your local hospital?  I'll look into that if he has another rage.  Otherwise I really need to go through his therapist whom we see on Wednesday.

Let me explain why.  I called my local ER they have a 4th psych ward floor but not for children only adults 18+ so I asked what would they do in his case.  I was told they would give him something to calm him down (im like what??  and she said something like xanax) and after that they would send him back home with us and tell us to check back with his doctor.  I was pissed.  I asked if they would transfer him to Greenville NC - Children's Hospital where they have a behavioral unit and she said NO they only do that in life or death situations where the patient is critical.  I'm like how is this not critical?  I gave her every single bit of info regarding Naeem from the last 3 years.  She said he needs to see his therapist and go from there instead.  The Children's Hosp in Greenville NC is where his therapist suggested we attempt to send him unless they cannot handle him then he would be sent to Bynn Marr which is in Jacksonville NC.  I'm in Washington NC.  About 20 mins east of Greenville but close to 2 hrs from Jacksonville.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

This is drastic I know. Have you called probate? This is REALLY REALLY drastic. But I know that if you talk to the sheriffs office they will make it as pain free as possible.

It takes two family members in most states to go through probate. Have an order of eval issued. Have you done this? It will be a 48hr hold. Then if the doctor feels he needs more they can go from there.

Call probate and see if they do that for a child of his age. Like I said, I usually see them on older people. I'm not sure if they do them on children so young. It is drastic. But if you have no other options. The sheriffs office will handle it with white gloves.

You dont worry about anyone looking at you. You focus on that baby. Eff everyone else. You're doing ehat you need to do. Hugs

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting justpeachy71904:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:25 AM

thank you very much

my friends get on me...  i see myself as a failure and weak no matter how many times they say it lol idk what it is....  i just feel like i failed him since im needing to go this route now.

i lost a lot of faith....  but i still have some!  i also got some hope left too :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm praying for you and your little man. You are one strong woman, keep the faith;)

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I'm not giving up.  I've never once said ever I would do that.  I know you did not mean i did.  But last night some anon acted like i was.  UHMMMM NOPE.  I've been fighting for over 3 years (if u read those other links) you will see.  This started in April 2010 when a 40lb tv fell on my son's head.  Ever since then ... a week afterwards to be exact he's had violent tendencies.  I've been fighting as his advocate ever since then.

Quoting sunrisekn:

You just have to keep your faith. I have no idea what you are going through, but you can't give up. You and Naeem are together for a reason. I know it's hard to keep you sunshine when you are at the bottom, but that is when you need your inner smiles the most. Believe it or not, you are doing great. Hang in there.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I really appreciate you peachy!!! you've always been able to make me smile a little....   you're an awesome friend girl! <3333

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)