Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stinky a**...

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
DH hit 2 baby skunks last night and now the car stinks so bad, inside and out!

Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell???
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

No but here's a bump and some good luck! :)

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'll look it up - 1 sec.

javakitty2011
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

the smell is coming from the undercarriage of your car. Take it to carwash that has the thing that sprays under to remove residue but the smell will probably take a week or so to wear off

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hose it down, first of all.  As bad as it sounds, get any remaining skunk parts off of the outside of the car.

Leave the windows down, and let it air out.  Spray down everything with febreeze and just let it sit.

That's about all I can think of.

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

A simple homemade solution can be used:

Two quarts of 3% hydrogen peroxide, one-half cup of baking soda, and 3 teaspoons of dishwashing liquid. You will also need a bucket and a clean rag or a soft-bristled scrub brush.

Once the ingredients are combined, apply it liberally to any areas beneath the car including the tires, rims, and the undercarriage. Let your nose guide you. Allow the homemade solution to work for several minutes, and rinse it away with clear water.

The smell of skunk on the outside of a car quite often makes its way to the inside of a car.

To get rid of the lingering smell of skunk inside of a car, place a shallow bowl of fresh ground coffee on the floor.

Allow it to absorb odors for at least twenty-four hours before removing.

The smell of coffee will be far better than the smell of skunk, and both odors will finally dissipate and leave behind a clean fresh scent.

fkh8ah
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. My girls left their school bags in there and now they even stink. I told him they aren't using em anymore lol

Quoting vegaswife2011:

No but here's a bump and some good luck! :)

fkh8ah
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I'll have him try it. The smell is gagging me. :-s lol Thank you for finding that

Quoting collectivecow:

Two quarts of 3% hydrogen peroxide, one-half cup of baking soda, and 3 teaspoons of dishwashing liquid. You will also need a bucket and a clean rag or a soft-bristled scrub brush.

Once the ingredients are combined, apply it liberally to any areas beneath the car including the tires, rims, and the undercarriage. Let your nose guide you. Allow the homemade solution to work for several minutes, and rinse it away with clear water.

The smell of skunk on the outside of a car quite often makes its way to the inside of a car.

To get rid of the lingering smell of skunk inside of a car, place a shallow bowl of fresh ground coffee on the floor.

The smell of coffee will be far better than the smell of skunk, and both odors will finally dissipate and leave behind a clean fresh scent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

No problem! I hope it works! :3
If not you can give some skunk flavored coffee to a bad neighbor lol.

Quoting fkh8ah:

I'll have him try it. The smell is gagging me. :-s lol Thank you for finding that

Quoting collectivecow:

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Why did that post anon? wth.

fkh8ah
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I honestly can't even go out the garage door to see if theres any remaining parts. That side of the house now even stinks like it...I askes him and he said "itll fall off" *gag*

Quoting LokisMama:

Hose it down, first of all.  As bad as it sounds, get any remaining skunk parts off of the outside of the car.

Leave the windows down, and let it air out.  Spray down everything with febreeze and just let it sit.

That's about all I can think of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN