Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT****I can't get an abortion and it sent him over the edge

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 191 Replies
1 mom liked this
I wrote a few weeks ago about being pregnant with my 4th and hubby wants me to have an abortion. We talked about it and he knows I can't go through with an abortion. I thought he was coming around to the idea that our family is growing and then last night he told me he hates his life. He hates his job. And that he should just kill himself. We stayed up talking til 2am not really getting anywhere. I either kill our baby or it's going to push him over the edge. He is usually so against suicide, he's had several people in his life commit suicide he knows how selfish it is. Well after talking forever and not agreeing we went to bed. Or so I thought. I woke up at 4am and he was gone he wasn't anywhere in the house, his truck was gone and his gun was not in his safe. I tried calling him but he left his phone at home. As soon as the sun started to come up I loaded the kids and decided to go look for him. First place I went was a job site he was starting in our town sure enough his truck was there. But he wasn't anywhere to be found. It was pouring rain this morning and I couldn't just leave the kids in the car to go searching for him. So I go home to call the police or my mom I don't know what to do at this at this point because all I can think is the worse. Then when I get home he's sitting on the front porch drenched. I get the kids inside and am asking him where's he been he just says walking, thinking. He goes upstairs and goes to sleep. I honestly have no idea what or where to go from here.

EDIT*after reading all of replies and searching my own heart I know that this marriage will last no longer. Now I have to decide if I want to be a single mom to 3 or 4 children. He still hasn't woken up which is usual he sleeps all weekend.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
7 moms liked this
Call your insurance company to find out if counseling is available. He's obviously got a lot of stressors that he needs to deal with, and I think a professional is the best option at this point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Good. Abortion is murder so saved yourself the guilt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Mine acted similar, he said he hated his life, he couldn't understand why people were congratulating him because our lives were over. He came around, and is a great dad. Men react differently, is the sole provider? I know that was a huge thing for my SO because it was our forth child and he is the only provider.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I suggested counseling last night, marriage and individual and he refuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call your insurance company to find out if counseling is available. He's obviously got a lot of stressors that he needs to deal with, and I think a professional is the best option at this point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Yes he's the sole provider. He says he can't tell anyone because this is the worst thing that could happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine acted similar, he said he hated his life, he couldn't understand why people were congratulating him because our lives were over. He came around, and is a great dad. Men react differently, is the sole provider? I know that was a huge thing for my SO because it was our forth child and he is the only provider.

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM
No advice
*hugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this
This isn't a post about the morals of abortion. I don't want to lose my baby but I especially don't want my husband to kill himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good. Abortion is murder so saved yourself the guilt

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I couldn't imagine being in his shoes to be honest. Not wanting a baby but not being able to actually have a say in the matter. You're forcing against his wishes and he feels stuck. GRANTED you BOTH had sex knowing possible consequences (pregnancy) but, still. 

Idk, sorry I guess. I hope things work out. Have you tried to be in his shoes though?

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
4 moms liked this
If he is suicidal then you can get him on a 72 hr psyc hold at the hospital. Hopefully he can talk to someone there enough to at least start tge process of getting help?

Quoting Anonymous:

I suggested counseling last night, marriage and individual and he refuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Baker act his unstable selfish ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)