Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S***. I didnt think this through....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

I was planning on going to work outside the home for 1-2days a week, After my pp check up (which isnt until march). That was the plan if my wah thing doesnt make much. Then I realized, Its very hard to find child care for a newborn. let alone 2 openings at the samedaycare. working oppisite shifts will not work. Either SO will end up not sleeping as he is the one who works graveyards. or he will pass out from being so tired. while watching the kids.... 

we dont have friends or family to watch them (we have family in the area... they just arnt willing to babysit all the time, even if they are paid.  We concidered someone in our apt building, everyone in my apt building has their own kids, Works as well. and/or doesnt speak english at all or very little. 

*the reason its so hard to find childcare for a newborn- under 18ms is because in canada (where I live) has 1 yr paid mat leave. and the daycare I would need has to be licensed... and most that are only allow 18m and older.... 

grrrr.... 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Sorry girl. This is why I ended up staying at home. My husbands job has sporadic hour and I couldn't find regular decent childcare.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM

EW- I've never heard of daycares only taking over a certain age. But then again I don't live in Canada. Hoping things work out for you!

AGrooms
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I got no advice. In Canada you receive an entire year of paid maternity leave?!?! For real? I know where I'm moving!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

thats if you have work 600+ hrs within a yr to your delivery date

Quoting AGrooms:

I got no advice. In Canada you receive an entire year of paid maternity leave?!?! For real? I know where I'm moving!

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Your husband couldn't handle losing a few hours of sleep 1-2 days a week? Your family wont even watch them for a couple of hours 1-2 a week? Child care will cost more than you make in 1-2 days so that probably isn't worth it.

DH also works graveyard. on non school days and during the summer he stays awake until I get home, then takes a nap on the couch, gets up for dinner, goes to bed not long after that. It's hard, but its what needs to be done.

Ashcf06
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I know this isn't really a solution since men and women obviously handle things differently but I worked evenings (3-11)until my son was almost 18 months and my husband is a teacher so of course he works days. I got an opportunity to take a midnight position making a lot more money so I took it. I had my son on a waiting list for a good daycare around home and he finally got in so he goes on Mondays and Tuesdays... we really couldn't afford full time day care. Anyway, on the days other than Mondays and Tuesdays I stay up with my son until dh gets home around 4 and then I go to bed. It's honestly not as hard as I thought it would be. I nap when he naps and it works for us. I hope you can get it worked out!
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Wow, thats less than 6 months if you work full time. Thats awesome. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AGrooms:

D.O.E.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM

wel where in canada are you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Is it true that if you move to canada, you have to live there for a year until you can get a job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AGrooms:

mommyof2andTTC
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
This is why I'm happy with my childcare lady. She is a licensed in home day care provider.... ever though of becoming an in home daycare woman?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)