Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What else am I going to do with her?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 23 Replies

I read in another post where a mom said we should take our LO's to the bathroom with us.

OK first of all, when I have to pee or take a shit I like privacy.  Second, my LO is 2 which means she doesn't sit still for long at all.  I have been using the facilities and have come back to find her on top of the table, feeding the fish, eating catfood (dry thank goodness) and even doing the dishes (more like playing in the bubbles).

They are kids, they are supposed to get into stuff!  

I just don't get it.  You can't take them everywhere with you when they are mobile.  I know when I have taken her with me she will just open the door and walk off.  Sorry I am not rushing when I have to go, I will take my time then catch up with her.

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM

ok

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM

You don't have a single baby-proof room?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I didn't take mine into the bathroom every time I had to go.
But I realize that some moms think their kids need to be leashed to their sides at all times.
Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM

My youngest is 2. I never took any of my kids into the bathroom with me, but I left the door open so I could hear them. My LO comes in there with me and plays with my makeup while I poop unless she's really into something on tv. There really isn't a whole lot for her to get into.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I didn't take DS with me at that age
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

That was me. 

I either took them with me or I put them in their rooms behind a gate to keep them safe and out of things they didn't need to be in. 

To me, that is parenting, not leaving them alone and wondering what they will be into when you come back out, that is dangerous and laziness. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

playpen  or just leave the door open or put her in  baby safe room and but a baby gate up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I don't have bp rooms. Bp or not all kids will find a way to get into stuff. I tried it once n my daughter out smarts bp stuff. I also like my privacy. I come out to find kids n the fridge, feeding fish washing dishes ect.
Walked 2 br to find my 2 year old slipping n sliding cuz she used a whole btl of lotion while I was going potty. Lamol it was too funny
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I have her go with me as additional means of potty training them, so they know what the potty is, what its for and to get them interested in using it.  As far as them in the bathroom as I go, it doesnt bother me so much.  Heck I have yet to have a full meal since having kids.  I just call them "walking portion controls."

PinkOwlStuffy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Sorry, but I don't enjoy sitting on the toilet wondering what that noise coming from the other room is or what my child is getting into/making a mess with. My daughter either goes with me to the bathroom or she goes into her playpen so that she is safe and contained until I can get back to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)