Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School time is getting harder and harder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

It's too the point she is crying and begging me not to send her to school the night before. IDK why she hates it sooo much. She won't give me a reason. I have a conference with her teacher on Thursday. It's getting to the point where I am now considering pulling her out. Kindergarten isn't mandatory anyway. The only reason I signed her up is because she really really wanted to go. I kept telling everyone she wasn't ready. (I didn't tell her because I didn't want to discourage her). But everyone kept saying she is she is. But I was right. She is miserable. And I know I've posted about her before. But she literally begs me not to send her. I had to lay in her bed with her until she fell asleep, she cried herself to sleep because she doesn't want to go. She won't eat lunch there, she won't play or talk to the other children, she won't play on the playground, and she won't participate in centers. Shes been in school for a month now. I don't think its going to end. I'm going to talk to her teacher on Thursday first, then I'm going to make an appt. with her doctor.

This is her sooo excited for school the first day.

Now, its nothing like this. Its tears and begging not to go. I don't think its healthy for her to be so stressed out over this.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Talk to her teacher. See if she might knoiw. A week ago my daughter (who went to pre-k and loved it) started giving me problems wanting me to walk her in. Last year she would get out at the car line and run into school. Come to find out it was because I told her she had to go by the office to get to her classroom and she thought I said that she had to go to the office (which she associated with getting into trouble). Sometimes its as simple as that. If your daughter is truly not liking school then you will have to decide but she will eventually have to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM

It's nothing like that. IDK what he problem is exactly. All she will tell me is she doesn't like school and she doesn't want to go. She loves the work. She will come home and do her homework and ask for more. I printed off 11 pages of work for her to do here over the weekend and she did it all withing an hour.

Quoting dlock25:

Talk to her teacher. See if she might knoiw. A week ago my daughter (who went to pre-k and loved it) started giving me problems wanting me to walk her in. Last year she would get out at the car line and run into school. Come to find out it was because I told her she had to go by the office to get to her classroom and she thought I said that she had to go to the office (which she associated with getting into trouble). Sometimes its as simple as that. If your daughter is truly not liking school then you will have to decide but she will eventually have to go.

SSweetcupcake
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Go sit with her for a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting SSweetcupcake:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I can't. Parent have to leave the building by 7:40. The only way I could is if I was a volunteer. And you have to take a training course just to volunteer.

Quoting SSweetcupcake:

dlock25
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Could it be that someone is picking on her? It does happen in Kindergarten.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's nothing like that. IDK what he problem is exactly. All she will tell me is she doesn't like school and she doesn't want to go. She loves the work. She will come home and do her homework and ask for more. I printed off 11 pages of work for her to do here over the weekend and she did it all withing an hour.

Quoting dlock25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Is there another kid bugging her? I'd go and watch
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

no. i ask her if anyone is picking on her or being mean to her or anything and she says no, no one bothers her.

Quoting dlock25:

Could it be that someone is picking on her? It does happen in Kindergarten.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dlock25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

she says no one bothers her or picks on her. she has kids trying to get her to play, but she won't play with them. she stays away from them

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there another kid bugging her? I'd go and watch

HunnyBabie
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM
She's cute & pretty.
(((HUGS)))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN