Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Canadians. Question about welfare and child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

If I go on Walfare would i HAVE to file for child support? Please don't bash and if you feel the need to I will go right by the nasty comments 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

bump

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM
No idea
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM

yes you do . I was on welfare  for a few months when my So was being an asshole  when I applied they said thy would have to go after to him for child support  I live in Ontario

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

yes you do . I was on welfare  for a few months when my So was being an asshole  when I applied they said thy would have to go after to him for child support  I live in Ontario

Do you think it would be the same in N.B. I really don't want to go after him for child support. It's the LAST thing I want to do :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM

umm i'm not to sure,  if he lives in the same province as you I think they would . Did you put him on the birth certificate??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think it would be the same in N.B. I really don't want to go after him for child support. It's the LAST thing I want to do :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Yes he does live in the same province as me and yes I did. 

Quoting Anonymous:

umm i'm not to sure,  if he lives in the same province as you I think they would . Did you put him on the birth certificate??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

so you happily expect the government to raise your kids but no no no let's not hurt daddy by making him pay!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure they will make you file for child support 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

they will make you file unless he was abusive to you but you have to have something like a police report   or something to document he was abusive to you

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)