Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tooth extraction??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I need to get 1- maybe 2- teeth pulled. One for sure. Its cracked in half and the dentist cant fix.

I go on Tuesday.

I was wondering... how bad does it hurt?! Im in huge pain already due to TMJ so id rather it not hurt worse!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM

You will feel much better after it's done, it is really a relief. The shot could be better but it's temporary. 

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Idk if it was anything like getting my wisdoms removed the sound is awful and there is a LOT of pressure.

My teeth were also pretty loose though as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
They'll probably give you a few shots in your gums to completely numb the area. You won't feel the actual extraction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM
My wisdon teeth were out at 17. That was hell but being put under and i, we dont work well. I got dry socket on one. Ugb

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Idk if it was anything like getting my wisdoms removed the sound is awful and there is a LOT of pressure.

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Oh ew! Sorry. I read about it and that was what scared me the most but never got it.  I was awake and it sucked :/

Quoting Anonymous:

My wisdon teeth were out at 17. That was hell but being put under and i, we dont work well. I got dry socket on one. Ugb

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Omg no way! Put me under please!!!!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Oh ew! Sorry. I read about it and that was what scared me the most but never got it.  I was awake and it sucked :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

The pain I had after the extraction was nothing compared to the pain I had before it was done. I'd rather have a baby than a toothache. Plus it's a relief to know that it'll all be over soon. Have them put you under if you have that option. The procedure was the worst part for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
See it doesnt hurt! Its just cracked in half. The dentist thinks getting rid if it will ease up my tmj pain. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

The pain I had after the extraction was nothing compared to the pain I had before it was done. I'd rather have a baby than a toothache. Plus it's a relief to know that it'll all be over soon. Have them put you under if you have that option. The procedure was the worst part for me.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

My anxiety went sky high and we needed to reschedule so that I could be put under. I was sore more when it was loosened but still there than when it was finally taken out.

momof3grls4517
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I chipped my tooth and need to go to a dentist. It only hurts if I bite down on it when I am chewing. I have learned to eat on the other side of my mouth. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)