Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inducing out of convenience?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies

what do you think about inducing labor because its convienent to have a schedule and have a set time for everybody to take off from work?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I did my last two that way I could guarantee my husband was with me when I delivered and my parents were there to watch other kids.
babycakesaz
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it's a bad idea. IMO induction should be used when it's a need (preeclampsia, among others) not a want. 

HaleyCovington
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I was induced at 40 weeks. I have no regrets. I had a great labor and delivery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I think its selfish. You should only induce for health reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I think it's disgraceful, and I'm sure it wouldn't be very 'convenient' to have a dead baby from complications.
JMCorbin84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

If it was close enough, like my last wk of pregnancy & maybe I could get induced on a weekend, then maybe, but every single day that the baby grows healthy inside the womb is better for it's overall health & I'd hate to cut that too early. I've heard of some women going as early as 2 weeks bc they find out their doctor is going to be out of town or something & they won't see anybody else. Honestly I don't give a flying flip if it's just my dh down there to catch the baby I'm going to let it come whenever it wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I was induced for medical reasons but I wouldn't want to do it out of convenience. There are risks with any medical intervention. So unless it was necessary I wouldn't take that chance. I've heard of a lot of women getting C-sections out of convenience too. One of my friends wanted to schedule her C-section on the 4th of July but her ObGyn said the maternity ward was overbooked with scheduled C-sections.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured