Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inducing out of convenience?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies

what do you think about inducing labor because its convienent to have a schedule and have a set time for everybody to take off from work?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I did my last two that way I could guarantee my husband was with me when I delivered and my parents were there to watch other kids.
babycakesaz
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it's a bad idea. IMO induction should be used when it's a need (preeclampsia, among others) not a want. 

HaleyCovington
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I was induced at 40 weeks. I have no regrets. I had a great labor and delivery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I think its selfish. You should only induce for health reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I think it's disgraceful, and I'm sure it wouldn't be very 'convenient' to have a dead baby from complications.
JMCorbin84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

If it was close enough, like my last wk of pregnancy & maybe I could get induced on a weekend, then maybe, but every single day that the baby grows healthy inside the womb is better for it's overall health & I'd hate to cut that too early. I've heard of some women going as early as 2 weeks bc they find out their doctor is going to be out of town or something & they won't see anybody else. Honestly I don't give a flying flip if it's just my dh down there to catch the baby I'm going to let it come whenever it wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I was induced for medical reasons but I wouldn't want to do it out of convenience. There are risks with any medical intervention. So unless it was necessary I wouldn't take that chance. I've heard of a lot of women getting C-sections out of convenience too. One of my friends wanted to schedule her C-section on the 4th of July but her ObGyn said the maternity ward was overbooked with scheduled C-sections.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN