Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA!!! Skanky or sexy??? Added a couple pics on pg 7

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 141 Replies
I'm thinking about getting some boudoir pics taken for Dh. I want to do something with his army acu's or dress uniform, too.

He's officially been out of the army for 2 years, and I thought about getting them for a Veterans Day surprise.

Whatcha think ?????

Eta ( because I'm not rewriting this 15 times ) I was just planning on throwing in a couple of the uniform pics. I've got lingerie and the dress shirt and tie he wore for our wedding rehearsal dinner picked out as well.
As for adding the couple pics as a veteran's day surprise... He's been asking me to make him a shadow box with his awards/metals/etc for months now. I was planning on doing that and adding a special "for-your-eyes-only" envelope with the photos and card. That would be the ONLY reason I would be doing those pics.
I doubt he would consider it disrespectful at all. I can take the name, rank, and such off- then it would be the exact same thing I could go buy at the surplus store down the road :)
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Bump
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Well all depends who does them and how they do them and what you wear that will make it either sexy or skanky, if they are done right they should look good. I dont know anything about the uniform situation whether the army find that appropriate or not.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I sooooo want to do this! Wish I had the money. I have the photographer picked out and everything. She's awesome but pricey.
EmilyD83
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM

If they are done right, they will look good.

I have a photographer friend who does them sometimes and the pics she takes always look amazing.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I've done them. They were not skanky at all. They were very tasteful.
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I'm not sure about that. But they would be private viewing only! Not something that the army should ever see ;)

Quoting Princess_s21:

Well all depends who does them and how they do them and what you wear that will make it either sexy or skanky, if they are done right they should look good. I dont know anything about the uniform situation whether the army find that appropriate or not.

dawnnamarie
Was it kind of awkward??

Quoting justpeachy71904:

dawnnamarie
Was it kind of awkward??

Quoting justpeachy71904:

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Would you be able to ask her if she's ever done something with military before??

Quoting EmilyD83:

If they are done right, they will look good.

I have a photographer friend who does them sometimes and the pics she takes always look amazing.

SeymoreButts
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I did they and had a ball my stbxh hated them and told me he couldn't believe I would do something like that ect and was super mean. But they turned out great and I liked being pampered. And they were not trashy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN