Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you allowed to drive your dh/so car?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 1245 Replies
15 moms liked this

Update: I think it's funny how many are bashing that I have a used car and dh a new one and equating this with how much he just love and respect me. I am a sahm. I don't have to work, we are financially responsible and not on any PA. We live frugally and we at this time cannot afford 2 new cars without giving up savings. My car is not a necessity it is an extra. I'm grateful to have it.

Letting dh have something of his own, the only thing solely his, is not a big deal when he works extremely hard to provide for our family so I don't have to work.

I feel sorry for the husbands if those of you who frankly seem selfish. Can't your husband have ONE thing to call his own?

Dh bought me a 13 yr old van. Then he bought himself a brand new Subaru Impreza.

He said he prefers I not drive his car unless necessary.

This is the first time he's ever been possessive if something. It's his first brand new car. I am surprisingly not offended. I told him I'm fine just driving the van.

Would you be mad? Is your dh/so the same way?
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM
17 moms liked this
I would be pretty shitty if Dh bought me a 13 year old vehicle and himself a brand new one...

Dh encourages me to drive his truck, but I don't very often
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM
16 moms liked this

No. If my name is on the note, I will drive it .

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes I drive his car. Sometimes I don't even ask! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM
9 moms liked this
My dh and I have no problem driving each others cars. He has a Tesla and I LOVE to drive it.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM
16 moms liked this

Yep, I can drive his (although I don't very often) and he drives mine too. Even though we have our own cars, we are married so we share. We don't have separate bank accounts either.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
11 moms liked this
We both drive both vehicles.
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this
.I'm not allowed to drive his truck simply because I don't have a CDL . His car he doesnt care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Wow. I would be pissed. Does this bother you? My husband and I both have brand new vehicles so I don't really ever need to drive his, but he isn't possessive about his, and he wouldn't stick me with the older one and tell me to stay away from his toyota
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
18 moms liked this
Both cars are our cars. I drive whichever is most convenient.
britadams10
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't be mad about him not wanting me to drive it but i would be mad that he bought me an old car and himself a new one! my dh could care less what vehicle i drive, everything is ours not just one or the other

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN