Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What was the best gift you got at your baby shower?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 75 Replies

So, Im making my best friend a baby shower next week.   I myself had 3 baby showers, (all hosted by my friends or family)  I love every one of the presents I got, specially since I have 3 girls, everything was cute, pink and flowerly!   I never did a gift registry, since they were all surprise parties. 

However, my best friend is having her fist baby and its a boy.  I know everyone will be getting her baby essentials, but I would like to give her something really practical, something that will make her life easier with her first baby.   So I was wondering, that maybe I would get a good idea from you.

What was the best most practical gift you got for your baby?

I also want to give her a "care basket" the day she delivers, NOT for the baby, but for herself.  What would you like to have received in such basket if it was given to you in the hospital?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM

MY mom bought a convertible crib and hamper set, LOVED IT with the mattress and bedding and extra sheets and stuff.  I loved it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Best gift I received was packs of cloth diapers.  I was doing disposables, but I had them for emergencies, burp cloths, ect. Now he's 6 and I use them for cleaning cloths.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:24 AM
You had a baby shower for all 3 kids, all girls? How tacky. :/

I hope you didn't register for every single one too... Ugh.
eSamsMama
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM
My parents bought me some great herbs, vitamins and teas to help with milk production since that was a huge challenge with baby #1.

I made my bestie a mommy basket, but I brought it over the day she came home from the hospital. It had her fave gossip mags, a few books, scented candles, a few bath and massage oils, her fave snacks and candy, drinks and teas. And the best gift was the stool softener.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a shower for both my girls too. Only a year apart. Neither were thrown by me or asked for lol. We do a shower for every baby over here. Everyone I know does. I never knew it was "tacky" until cm.

I loved my swing most of all. It's the thing I use the most :)
imafuswb
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
A collapsible, portable baby swing. My second son had moderate-severe acid reflux and often times could only be soothed by being in a swing. We took that freaking thing everywhere, ha ha!
krissy920
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM

My husbands in the airforce im currently prego with baby  #3 and each base ive had a baby shower ( not asked for and even said i didnt need one) but my friends at my bases threw anyways for me and we had a blast (no  registries though i couldn't do that)

anyways OP   i loved the really cute handmade items the best. For baby showers i try to buy one gift off of the registry then i  search  etsy for something totally cute and handmade something you couldn't find at walmart or target if its a blanket or a handmade outfit :)

Quoting Anonymous:

You had a baby shower for all 3 kids, all girls? How tacky. :/

CafeMom Tickers
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Ummm I called it a doughnut (breast feeding pillow) worked wonders for me helped me breast feed through my PPD plus my son LOVED sleeping in it...odd but he wouldnt sleep for awhile without it.

eSamsMama
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM
She said she didn't register at all because they were all.surprises.

I had multiple showers for each of my 2 pregnancies because my coworkers, family and friends all felt the need to celebrate. And of the 5 total, I only knew about 1.

Quoting Anonymous:You had a baby shower for all 3 kids, all girls? How tacky. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Miracle Blanket!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)