Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For moms with older kids...

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM
  • 33 Replies

2 questions for ya...

1.  How much did you spend on senior pics, how many pics did you get for your money and were you satisfied?

2. What did you do with prom dresses after they were done with them?

I ask b/c these are the 2 questions keeping me up tonight.  I am trying to set up senior pics for one of my girls...groupon.com has a deal with picture people for $75.  You get the disk with all the pics on it to do what you want with it.  We have a very small family so I don't need a lot of pics.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

Then my other daughter has a prom dress we are trying to unload.  She paid $450 for it, $30 for alterations and another $30 to be steamed...She only wore it for a few hours.  We were going to post it on craigslist but I'm wondering if I can get a better deal through a consignment shop...

I know these arn't really related but I didn't feel like making 2 separte posts...

Thanks ladies!

* I'm going to add a pic of the dress just b/c I'd like to show her off...I think she looked beautiful!

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine aren't quite old enough for your post (My two oldest are freshmen)but here's a bump for you. Your daughter is beautiful mama!

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Thanks!

Quoting bcoll:

Mine aren't quite old enough for your post (My two oldest are freshmen)but here's a bump for you. Your daughter is beautiful mama!

ajlieber2003
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine are 24 yr old girl and 20 yr old Autistic son. We did our own senior pics. Hubby used to be a photographer. $75 is really cheap. Most around here want $500 ~ $600 just to take the pics. As far as the prom dress, the higher priced ones dont sell well on craigslist always, so you may want to check with consignment shops first. Best of luck to ya. Your daughter looks gorgeous in that dress. What a pretty girl.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Thanks momma!

Quoting ajlieber2003:

Mine are 24 yr old girl and 20 yr old Autistic son. We did our own senior pics. Hubby used to be a photographer. $75 is really cheap. Most around here want $500 ~ $600 just to take the pics. As far as the prom dress, the higher priced ones dont sell well on craigslist always, so you may want to check with consignment shops first. Best of luck to ya. Your daughter looks gorgeous in that dress. What a pretty girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM
That's a great price for pics, your daughter is pretty. The dress is...hideous. sorry.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:57 AM

That's ok...everyone has different taste  :)  She liked it and she paid for it...that's all that mattered..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a great price for pics, your daughter is pretty. The dress is...hideous. sorry.

SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I paid almost 400 for my sons senior pictures last year and you really do not get a lot for the money that was spent. As for the prom, he didn't want to go(thank God) .But him and a group of classmates went out to eat and to Six Flags. Yes she does and the dress is gorgeous! I love the color.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Thanks momma!

Quoting SWEET737:

I paid almost 400 for my sons senior pictures last year and you really do not get a lot for the money that was spent. As for the prom, he didn't want to go(thank God) .But him and a group of classmates went out to eat and to Six Flags. Yes she does and the dress is gorgeous! I love the color.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My senior pictures were free because we went through the photography studio the school used.

I also still have my prom dress, and have worn it again.

I don't think I'm much help beyond that.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Thanks for taking to time to answer me anyways!

Quoting HistoryNutty:

My senior pictures were free because we went through the photography studio the school used.

I also still have my prom dress, and have worn it again.

I don't think I'm much help beyond that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)