Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He says his recent EX is one of his best friends and always will be.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 213 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be ok with it?

Options:

Yes, I trust him

NO, not at all

It depends

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 429

View Results

Would you be ok with your SO/boyfriend recent ex still being around? Meaning they still hangout, talk on the phone, go out, he even goes over to her house to take care of her dog while she is at work. Would it change how you felt if she still had feelings for him?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
25 moms liked this

No, that's not even close to being okay. If he wants to spend all of his time with his ex he can be with her. The man has no business trying to start a relationship with anyone else, it's complete and utter bullshit to put a poor unsuspecting woman through that nonsense.

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I'm actually in that boat right now!! It bothers the crap out of me especially when we are out and he sits on his phone texting her. We hardly see each other as it is. I say it bugs me but all he says is he should be able to talk to who ever he wants.
km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't. Not because I don't think he should be friends with females. I have noticed when a guy has a "girl" best friend, there tends to be drama when he gets into another relationship. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes maybe...I think I'm only saying that because I AM the ex in this situation. I've always been best friends with my ex husband. It did cause a problem with his previous girlfriend. But I also made sure we kept phone calls and visits to a minimum. Nothing was going on but I tried to put myself in her shoes. I'd be uncomfortable with it. So I did my best to respect her and her relationship while still trying to maintain a friendship with him.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Why did they break up if they're so close?

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I wish df ex was like that but she's a bitch and tells him I'm psychotic because I dont like that they talk, she says I use him and all this bs! She annoys the hell out of me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes maybe...I think I'm only saying that because I AM the ex in this situation. I've always been best friends with my ex husband. It did cause a problem with his previous girlfriend. But I also made sure we kept phone calls and visits to a minimum. Nothing was going on but I tried to put myself in her shoes. I'd be uncomfortable with it. So I did my best to respect her and her relationship while still trying to maintain a friendship with him.

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I know I'm not op lol but df says it was the distance 2hrs apart if they lived closer they would be together but now she lives 5min from his work so I'm a bit concerned.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Why did they break up if they're so close?

L202M
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
6 moms liked this

This sounds like a Dear Prudence letter (from last week on Slate.com) where a woman had just started dating a guy that was still extremely close to his ex.  This "ex" was dependant on him to the point where he would even take her shopping because she had anxiety problems and couldn't go places by herself.  He even went so far as to tell this "new gf" that he tells his "ex" everything and that she will need to be okay with this situation and his closeness to this other woman.

Everyone commenting on that thread told her to RUN AWAY...including me. I would have no part of that.

IndigoRose
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Never.  sticking out tongue

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)