Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child neglect?? WWYD EDITED TO CLARIFY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Call apartments and hope they deal with it

Call cps to make anonymous tip

grin and bear it and deal with it

Other....please specify what you would do

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 123

View Results

I have a neighbor that has two kids. One is an infant probably 6-8 months, the other is a little boy who is 4. This little boy is contiuneously let outside to play unsupervised. His parents literally let him go outside at like 12-1 until 9 pm every night. He is never checked on and allowed to roam the apartments that we live in freely. He climbs on the fence to the pool, crosses the parking lot by himself, has almost gotten ran over by careless drivers in the apartments. He usually comes to my house to play with my kids and is here for hours. Not once have I met the mom. She hasn't ever introduced herself to me or my dh. When she does call for the little boy she simply sticks her head out her door and shouts for him untill he hears. It is ridiculous. Last night I was already getting my kids to bed and realized my dd10 best friend left her kindle at my house. So I called her mom and offered to walk it next door since the kids were in bed and her dd was bathing. My dh was playing on the computer so I ran it across to the next building. Well it was only 8:30 so it was still early. I open my front door and the neighbors boyfriend and his friend are standing inbetween my apartment door and theirs smoking weed. They haul a$$ to the back of the breeze way to where the outer storage closet is and try to hide it but are hacking their lungs away and it smells so bad. So I take dds friends kindle to her and they have once again moved right by the door. So what would you do had this been you in this situation?

Edit!!!!!

Let me clarify some things

1. The little boy is 4 freaking years old!! He is still a toddler and is not being attended while being outside. This is a DAILY occurance.

2. Mom's boyfriend LIVES in the apartment. Which means the kids have probably come into contact with either drugs/paraphanilla or mom's boyfriend while he is higher than a kite.

3. Housing has a ZER TOLERANCE police for DRUGS AND VIOLENCE I have a friend that works in housing apartments in another city in the same state as us and I asked her if they are all the same, she said YES.

4. I am not being a bitch about a cigerette. They were smoking WEED...which in my state is illegal. They weren't smoking a cig. They were both sharing the blunt.

I already called the cps and put in a report about them reguarding the little boy being unsupervised and the drugs. I do know for a fact that if either one of them test positive that cps will step in to help protect those kids. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Is it a no smoking property? What does your lease say? Bc the smoking you might have to suck it up.

But next time you see that kid running around call the cops & report an unsupervised child in your area running around in traffic, and everything you told us. That should nip it in the butt.
NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
15 moms liked this

The phrase is nip it in the BUD..... like a flower, as in cut the bud it stops growing... sorry it drives me almost as nuts as " I could care less" LMAO

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it a no smoking property? What does your lease say? Bc the smoking you might have to suck it up.

But next time you see that kid running around call the cops & report an unsupervised child in your area running around in traffic, and everything you told us. That should nip it in the butt.

Happy Fall!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM

The apartments that I live in are also a section 8 vendor. Meaning they have apartments like mine that are full regular rent and some that are low income families that pay 1/4 of the rent. I over heard the mom talking on her phone a month or so ago that "these stupid b*****ds raised her rent because of her job and it isn't fair blah blah blah" So I am pretty sure she is in the section 8 part which immediately puts you in the "drug free" section.

Quoting Anonymous:

opal10161973
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM

If I saw that boy alone again, I would call the police backline for a wellness check.  Let them sort it out and/or call CPS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Call crime stoppers they're anonymous.
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Then you can call your local Housing athourity and report them, since part of the paperwork they sign to have Sect. 8 says there are to be NO drugs what soever even on the premises. They can get kicked off the first time for that crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

The apartments that I live in are also a section 8 vendor. Meaning they have apartments like mine that are full regular rent and some that are low income families that pay 1/4 of the rent. I over heard the mom talking on her phone a month or so ago that "these stupid b*****ds raised her rent because of her job and it isn't fair blah blah blah" So I am pretty sure she is in the section 8 part which immediately puts you in the "drug free" section.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ticker id: NomlLilypie - (ZEi4)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Hug so if you're not section 8 you can do drugs?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Oh, thank you for correcting me I honestly didn't know that.

Quoting NeverTooMany:

The phrase is nip it in the BUD..... like a flower, as in cut the bud it stops growing... sorry it drives me almost as nuts as " I could care less" LMAO

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Call CPS. The safety of those children needs to come first. 

BreezeAlanna
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

It doesn't matter if the property is no smoking or not since weed is illegal and no one wants their kids around that shit...

Honestly I would call the Apt. office and cps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)