Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

After the birth of your baby/babies??? Did you???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 380 Replies
3 moms liked this

Poll

Question: After birth did you want to ??

Options:

go home as soon as medically ready

Stay there and use the nursery and sleep

because there is always another option

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 508

View Results

Want to stay at the hospital as long as possible to take advantage of sleeping and the nursery or did you want to go home as soon as medically fit so that you can be comfortabe at home? 

The questions stems from a conversation I am having and the person says they want to stay in the hospital as long as possible to get some rest and use their nursery because when they get home it will be hard.... I have never heard of this one before.

I wanted to go home as soon as I was able to

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I did enjoy sleeping the one night I spent- dd went to the nursery. I hadn't slept in a long time since I labored through the night. But I was ready to get out of there the next day!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM

OTHER.
I stayed there because my son was in the NICU, I had a section, and when I was released, I stayed with DS in his room for a week, then I got into the Ronald McDonald house across the street. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Quoting momtolittleg:

I did enjoy sleeping the one night I spent- dd went to the nursery. I hadn't slept in a long time since I labored through the night. But I was ready to get out of there the next day!

well i think that is different you didn't want to stay for days on end as long as they would keep you

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM
8 moms liked this
Both hospitals I gave birth at, your baby stayed in the room with you, so I never got any rest anyway lol. I went home as soon as they released me.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I wanted to stay and be pampered. It never happens at home so i wanted to soakit up while i could lol

km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

With my first and last, I went home the next day. I wanted to get home as soon as possible. With my second, he wasn't ready to come home the next day, so I opted to stay the second day to stay with him.

bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I went home as soon as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I wanted to stay and be pampered. It never happens at home so i wanted to soakit up while i could lol

oh wow lol I wanted to get out of there and go home

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Our hospital no longer has a nursery, so with my daughter there wasn't that option.  With my son I didn't send him to the nursery.  I preferred to have my babies WITH me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Depends...are we talking first child, or third?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)