Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i cant believe shes treating her that way

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

my nephew is getting married in a month to his gf that he's been with since high school. 2 months ago my nephew told everyone that him and his gf were getting married in October this year,his mom was the only one who thought he was joking,she never told my brother. then we 2 or 3 weeks ago we all went to a swap meet and my nephews gf was telling my brother that while we're there she needs to find wedding shoes......he had no idea what she was talking about,my sil argued with him all day long about it saying "why the hell do they need to get married? blah blah blah". then yesterday was my sil's birthday,i got there first and then my nephew,his gf and their ds came about an hour after me,my nephew had to work for 5 hours yesterday so he dropped his gf and ds off. my sil completely ignored my nephews gf,my brother took the gf and my niece to the strip to look for wedding stuff (my nephew needed his shirt and their ds needed a suit) then when they got back my sil was sitting at the table and she asked the gf "is your dad happy about the wedding?" the gf goes "yeah my whole family is happy,im the oldest grand daughter in the family so they are excited" my sil screwed up her face and gave the gf a "whatever then" look. then when my other niece and my other nephew got there they completely ignored the gf and kept giving her looks of disgust.

im honestly shocked that my sil is treating my nephews gf the EXACT same way my mom treated her.....my sil was so upset about my mom treating her that way and now shes doing it to her own sons future wife......what really baffles me is while the gf was pregnant my sil kept telling my nephew to marry her(the gf) and now that they are she treats the gf like this.......my nephew told me last night before they left that if his mom keeps this up he's not going to bring his ds around nor any of their future kids....and i can honestly understand.....

this whole thing makes me sad,the gf's face last night before they left said it all,she was upset and it made me sad

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

bump

ruth85
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Surprisingly enough, it seems like this kind of thing happens a lot.  People dont learn from a bad experience and instead end up repeating the same behavior towards others.  I dont know if its a bit of " I didnt have it easy so no one else should either" or if it is just tragically being unaware of yourself....but it happens.  And it baffles me too.  I have listened to my own mom gripe endlessly about how HER mom does this or that and how horrible it is...the same exact things she does herself.  No way to point this out, though.  The person never sees it.

In situations like this, all you can do is shake your head, provide love and support to those who need it, and stay out of the crossfire.  Some people have to learn the hard way that they are making poor decisions.  Hearing it from someone else is futile.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I would pull your sil aside and ask her why she treating the poor girl that way ESP after your sil was treated that way
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I wouldn't even invite her to the wedding if she's going to act like that. I feel bad for your nephew and his gf.
WinterIsComing
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your SIL needs someone to give her a reminder of what it was like for her to have to go through that BS.

I wouldn't blame him either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

That girl needs to run!  Seriously.  Beginning a marriage with inl-law issues is HELL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Quoting ruth85:

Surprisingly enough, it seems like this kind of thing happens a lot.  People dont learn from a bad experience and instead end up repeating the same behavior towards others.  I dont know if its a bit of " I didnt have it easy so no one else should either" or if it is just tragically being unaware of yourself....but it happens.  And it baffles me too.  I have listened to my own mom gripe endlessly about how HER mom does this or that and how horrible it is...the same exact things she does herself.  No way to point this out, though.  The person never sees it.

In situations like this, all you can do is shake your head, provide love and support to those who need it, and stay out of the crossfire.  Some people have to learn the hard way that they are making poor decisions.  Hearing it from someone else is futile.

yeah im trying to not say anything but its just like wth kwim?

momto3nuts
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

That's too bad. What goes around comes around. I hope she changes her attitude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quoting momto3nuts:

That's too bad. What goes around comes around. I hope she changes her attitude.

i hope so to,because as soon as my nephew moves i dont think he's going to tell sil where his house is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)