Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Until I KNOW for SURE why in the F--- would I make a payment plan with you?! Are you KIDDING?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

So I am pregnant and have kids already and I have great medical insurance, and my dh has a good job, and I am a sahm not because I "want to" but out of neccessity, as we have an older child who has tried school and it has not worked for him at all. The public schools out here are great if you have a normal healthy child who can easily learn, but SUCK for kids with special needs.

This preg. NOT PLANNED. Wanted? Sure. Planned? Nope. My birth control worked without a flaw for 6 years! Than boom it didn't work and well here I am as preg as can be. So we have been dealing with tons of bills, you know the portion the insurance does NOT cover?

So right now I have payment plans with a bunch of them -

$30

$50

$22

$25

$40

$20

$25

and $35.

These are monthly. Not one time amounts!

With only one of us working, it makes a huge dent. So when yet another bill came in I applied for financial assistance and got it taken care of for nothing. The others we can deal with, (sort of) but another where they wanted $75 a month was going to kick our butts. So I sent in all the stuff and the letter and we were approved and that amount went away.

So another letter comes in. They want $50 per month. I said well I thought we got the help for these bills from you. First the lady claimed she couldn't find our approval letter. Next she came back and claimed she found it but it was for August. And this bill was for Sept. I said well we can either apply again or we can make a payment plan. She was all excited. What amount can you do?! How about $50?!

Um well I would rather try for the help first. I start explaining to her about our family and why this is a struggle and exaggerate that we have 10 billion other bills coming in from this same thing we are already paying on.

She says I do understand that, but I don't know if they would approve you again when you just got help. I said it is for the same issue, PREGNANCY and said I don't know if they will approve or not either, BUT IT DOES NOT HURT TO SEE!

She was like, FINE I WILL SEND YOU THE PAPERS in a very nasty tone, and before she hung up I caught the word, BITCH.

Whoah lady. First off, I have great insurance, how in the fuck does it cost THIS MUCH?! I haven't even HAD the baby yet. We are talking dr. appts, etc. Secondly I was not mean you, and bitch was going way too fucking far. Third, it doesn't HURT to try. She said so herself, she didn't KNOW if they would approve me again or not. Well if neither of us knows if they will approve me or not approve me, why would I agree to pay you before I know whether or not they will take the amount off?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

i can see her point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Oh wow I'm so sorry :-( I'm Canadian. Health care is paid through taxes so I don't know much about all this with copayments and stuff.

I hope you get approved again and everything comes out fine. I would file a complaint.. that lady was rude and didn't need to be she isn't the one getting the money anyways.
SaratheV
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
My insurance pays for everything but the $20 co-pay. I never have to pay anything else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

How was I being a bitch? I asked her to send out the paperwork. That's all I did. I was not going to make a payment plan, until I know for sure that there has to BE a payment plan.

Quoting Anonymous:

i can see her point.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Are you a high risk pregnancy?  I'm trying to understand why you are on 8 different payment plans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
You do not have great insurance. Also, when I was pregnant nothing was billed until I had the baby.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Report her. That's really unproffesional.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yes this whole pregnancy has been considered very high risk because of my age, because the baby was having issues, and because I have been trying to go into very early labor, and because of family history of problems.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Are you a high risk pregnancy?  I'm trying to understand why you are on 8 different payment plans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Why so many payment plans??

Germany72
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM

If it's for your Pregnancy, insurance pais 100%. i don't see where the co-pay come into play???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)